Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » "Forlano tabs" - how to reduce a headache by the proper use of the designer...
Re: "Forlano tabs" - how to reduce a headache by the proper use of the designer... [message #2171 is a reply to message #2167] Sun, 02 April 2006 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 19:58

1. as you should know from C experience #define is a substitutor.
If you write only on part of it, it your compiler replaces it with nothing. This is useful only in #ifdefs or if you want to not use what you define... Smile

ooops... I mean #include and not define.

Quote:

3. It is sufficient to write just
#define LAYOUTFILE "editmask.lay"
if you keep this file in your package folder where other files reside e.g in c:\MyApps\tabs\ ...Smile

In this way doesn't work on my PC. But it works in the other way, so let's save time and forget about it (the lazy man spirit sometime come out Smile )
Quote:

forlano wrote on Sun, 02 April 2006 17:51

Fantastic... Shocked

...And remember I told you - do not struggle alone and do it in a lazy man's way? When you wrote in our label topic:
Quote:

but I'm a lazy man, Embarassed , and I do not want to loose time...

And then in this topic you wrote:
Quote:

...I lost many hours to wright it and I'm not at all satisfact. Now I must retouch some widget with the result to retouch again all their position. Sad

That means you are not lazy enough... Laughing ... to be an inventor... Wink
I guess Mirek and Tom are lazy enough... Smile That's why they invented Ultimate++... to let us all enjoy our laziness!
So, from now on, if you feel that some tasks with Ultimate++ are not enjoyable - ask how they can be converted... Smile

After you spent a lot of time for me, I was forced to produce something... unfortunately it was useless Smile . But I learned the lesson.
This tool is really great... and the forum is even greater.

The next step is to fill the fields with some data (the drop list need some data like: item1, item2, item3), retrieve them and accomodate in the arrayctrl. By the way, the last coloumn should contain a checkbox (on/off) that should be set by default to on. Later we collect the data from the array and save them in txt file ';' separated.

I've no idea about how to fill the drop list, and how to add a checkbox inside the arrayctrl. For the rest I can try. I'll do it tomorrow afternoon and post here the code. For the moment I guess I must define a callback for the button "Add" that do the job.

Thanks a lot,
Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message