Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » external GIT clones differ in HASH --> problem when merging
external GIT clones differ in HASH --> problem when merging [message #31591] Wed, 16 March 2011 17:43 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi everyone,

using an own UPP git clone (from svn) for a cuple of months, maybe over a year now i noticed, that the SHA1 hashes differ, so when interchaning things later (pulling from someone's else tree) this will deffinitely make some problems. the hashes determine common history.

i cloned my repo long time ago, from googlecode, and it has the hash 5c79e9b795c796e852787a1d185c05cea3e776a2 as its first hash while the git repo listed in download section (gitorious) has 6abd54c7c1415955b79c152cfc132d42c3d615a8. both versions started from svn revision 281.. donno why. and donno why they differ. maybe it has to do with the autocrlf setting in .git/config.

i dont remember beeing able to view the svn history way down to 1. 281 was the first. why that? i also remember upp had a svn crash some not too long ago, maybe a few monts. and now, both googlecode and upp dev svn have svn history down to rev 1.

so when people are going to use git as their SVC and will clone the thing entirely, they wont be able to merge it with the tree from gitorious cause of hash mismatch.

can anyone clarify this up a bit what has happened to the svn history?

meanwhile a suggestion:

when doing 'git svn clone http://upp-mirror.googlecode.com/svn'
make sure that under windows, your git installation has been set to 'checkout windows style (crlf), commit unix style (lf)' which will set the autocrlf=true, and that it is not overridden in your .git/config.

then, the first hash has to be f84f01f3d6b42e00035494c9a86289eadeedc057

maybe i have cloned it from linux, that time. dont quite remember. but under linux, autocrlf=input needs to be taken, which is 'checkout as is, commit unix style'.

any further infos/suggestions on that?

[EDIT]
just double checked in linuzx, git svn clone produces the same f84f01f3d6b42e00035494c9a86289eadeedc057 hash as in windows.

so i suppose that the svn tree had changed twice Smile right?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2011 18:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Assist for include files
Next Topic: UppGL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 03:32:34 CEST 2024