U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Community » Coffee corner » Ubuntu 8.04
Re: Ubuntu 8.04 [message #15614 is a reply to message #15595] Wed, 30 April 2008 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Messages: 210
Registered: December 2007
Experienced Member
I've updated it again from internet, second hdd doesn't get mounted until I've changed it (/dev/hdb1) in /etc/fstab with /dev/sdb1. CD/DVD aren't mounted automatically and GnomeBaker recognize it with a new path, /dev/sr0. I don't know why the guys from Ubuntu made these changes.
At start-up this time I was warned just once about VirtualBox crash (a little improvement from last time Smile ).
Now is the last time when I try to install Ubuntu8.04, so I've downloaded an alterate cd. If even this installation fail, I have no other choice than to remain to 7.10, wait until come the original cd from Ubuntu or try another distro.

Now a funny moment with Ubuntu8.04, it gave extra-speed to my dvd-drive while burning alternate cd.index.php?t=getfile&id=1179&private=0
  • Attachment: FastCDROM.png
    (Size: 1.65MB, Downloaded 2307 times)


cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: MPL
Next Topic: U++ versioning
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 04 00:50:10 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00938 seconds