U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Community » Coffee corner » My explaination of why Ultimate++ is not mainstream
Re: My explaination of why Ultimate++ is not mainstream [message #17435 is a reply to message #17434] Thu, 14 August 2008 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Messages: 1428
Registered: September 2007
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Thu, 14 August 2008 23:10

cbpporter wrote on Thu, 14 August 2008 15:37


AFAIK U++ uses static linking.



Unfortunately, not in Linux. Libraries we need are not generally available as static. Plus, of course, THAT licensing issue...

Mirek

I meant only for U++ packages. As in if I use Core, I will get static linking to Core. This makes LGPLing Core impossible, because it only applies to dynamic linking.
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Ultimate++ Website Logo Text
Next Topic: MPL
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 03 13:10:19 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.17358 seconds