Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » WebMail package (POP/SMPT/IMAP)
Re: WebMail package (POP/SMPT/IMAP) [message #18349 is a reply to message #18344] Wed, 24 September 2008 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Mindtraveller wrote on Tue, 23 September 2008 21:56

I`ve just tried your MailReader application. It managed to read all the headers from my mail account by POP3 protocol:
Quote:

+OK
USER ************
+OK Password required for user ********
PASS ************
+OK ************* maildrop has 133 messages (155829248 octets)
STAT
+OK 133 155829248
LIST
UIDL
QUIT
+OK POP3 server at ******* signing off
Everything worked if I tick "Transcript" ckeckbox (no idea what that means). Without "Transcript" checked program fails to connect to server (no debug info shown) with GPF exception from time to time.

U++: latest SVN build

Yes, you're right. I've changed the "transcript" to "enable logging". I hope this makes sense. As to the General page fault you mention, I've updated the code. It should be fixed now...
I would be grateful if you could test the new source.

Forlano wrote on Mon, 22 September 2008 22:44

The timed out error disappeared after I used the correct IP Embarassed , but no emails were retrieved. Tested with MSC9 with the same null result.
I saw that it is difficult (impossible) to exit the program when it is running and the program crush if I press two times read email.

Yes, it is because the socket is currently in blocking mode. I am going to make it a nonblocking socket but, frankly, I'm a little bit troubled with U++ Socket class since there is no documentation about it. Neither the MT forum topics nor the Httpcli/srv examples helped me much... If possible, I don't want to rewrite the whole code in pure Win32 and X11, so can someone briefly explain the necessary steps to be taken in creating nonblocking sockets with U++? Also, how can I use that SocketEvent class (which seems to be defined only under Win32)?

captainc wrote on Mon, 22 September 2008 23:08

What are your plans for this? It would be great to work with a single Upp SSL package that could be used for many things like web, ftp, mail, etc... Or will they all be specific implementations anyway?

Well It's really a good idea to have a single SSL wrapper. But it also might be very time consuming. Smile OTOH, I can give it a try (but I have a lot of things waiting to be finished on my TODO list.That's why I wrote "not yet". The WCS classes and this WebMail package is on top of my list now. But again, it is worth trying).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message