Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » upp webpage: the IDE features and tools overview (draft...)
Re: upp webpage: the IDE features and tools overview (draft...) [message #2031 is a reply to message #2027] Thu, 30 March 2006 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
So far with my limited experience with TheIDE (on WinXP) I feel the speed of start was great and it doesn't also eat too many system resources.
Otherwise TheIDE is still way behind MS VisualStudio (in terms of easy-to-find + easy-to-use as half of the functionality is already there (other half missing)), looks like some beta to me in many aspects. Probably already usable to develop big projects (even by other people, not just creators of U++), but not mature yet.
Can't find anything spectacular about the IDE itself. Than again, I did use it just few times, still evaluating it.

I think even good documentation will *not* help TheIDE in it's current state, when many functions are "hidden" (not shown in context menu (in correct context), sometimes even completely missing from upper menu, just listening to the hot-key). As many people are used to learn such software by exploring it functions, not by reading documentation.
I just run TheIDE to test one basic thing right now ... Open any package ... hit F1 .... bang bang bang ... *nothing* happens. This UI design is hopeless. Sorry. Lot of work to do.
I think TheIDE is not a thing to advertise too much. Not YET.
OTOH I believe the potential is there, it is really a great tool once you get used to it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602
Next Topic: Macros-> PLATFORM_*, CPU_* and COMPILER_* [DOCUMENTATION REMINDER :)]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 07 00:28:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01655 seconds