Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Graduation thesis - Camouflage - a replacement of(a part of) Chameleon
Re: Graduation thesis - Camouflage - a replacement of(a part of) Chameleon [message #25120 is a reply to message #25113] Thu, 11 February 2010 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hm, I propose you to check existing Styles of CtrlLib first.

Start with ScrollBar or MultiButton... Smile

I would say the problem of Chameleon is not anything that could be solved by proposed API. The problem is how to get required information from host-OS.

Plus, such fixed API is somewhat too rigid. Note that Style system is naturaly 'cascading' and easily extensible, everything has a nice default etc... I can say "this button is supposed to look like normal button if not said otherwise" etc....

In fact, I was thinking about something completely different. What I would like to see is that any widget somehow fits with target platform, including custom widgets you develop.

Instead of providing drawing api, I would perhaps tried to "classify" host GUI, like buttons are rectangular, slightly rounded, extremely rounded, base dialog background, base button face, platicity etc.. Having these colors and visual features, you could easily choose the style of any widget, even if you do not have enough info from host os.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: CodeEditor current caret position mark on gutter
Next Topic: Strange Win7 issue with large fonts...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 20:07:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02211 seconds