Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA?
Re: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA? [message #26560 is a reply to message #26555] Tue, 11 May 2010 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

nlneilson wrote on Tue, 11 May 2010 10:28

I have done that about 8 times, I even tried the uninstall/install.
I used "rm -r ~/.upp" if the ~ was to be replaced with the path I don't even know that is installed using PPA.

I had a glitch, there was an executable theide in /usr/bin, probably from the make install, I used sudo nautilus to get in and delete it. After a Synaptic install of upp a search for "theide" just shows up on /host/.

This is really weird. I almost start to believe that it might be because of wubi... Is there anyone familiar with ubuntu who could test it? I would try myself, but I don't have windows...

About the command: "~" is expanded by the shell to your home directory, which usually /home/<username>. The directory .upp is not created when installing the package, but when theide is run for the first time.

At this moment, I have absolutely no idea what is wrong or how to find out. I attach a shell script, that will try to install install setup everything, install upp, run theide and output some diagnostics, so I can hopefully get at least some idea what could be wrong... I tried to keep it simple and put comments in, you can have a look Wink Please download it somewhere on our machine and run
cd /path/to/script
sudo bash -x script.sh &> output.txt
You have to substitute /path/to/script with the actual directory where you downloaded the file, but you would probably guessed that Smile

First, "sudo" will ask you for a password - that is necessary to install packages. Then it will work for a while and at one moment, it will start theide. If the user setup dialog appears, just click OK to copy the sources and OK again when it finishes to start theide. You can close it as soon as it shows the package selection dialog, so the script can continue. After it finishes, please send me the output.txt file.

Honza
  • Attachment: script.sh
    (Size: 0.87KB, Downloaded 207 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message