FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Animate does not really animate
Re: Animate does not really animate [message #28693 is a reply to message #28687] Sun, 12 September 2010 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Hello Mirek,

Thanks for looking at the Popup code.
I had indeed also noticed the difference of my Popup method with the older one, in the visibility of the scrollbars. I did not find this disturbing, though; especially not, when compared to the flashing. But if it can be avoided, then it is indeed even better. I assume that is what the
        AutoHideSb(false);
        HideSb(true);
        HideSb(false);
        AutoHideSb(true);

code is meant for.
But I do not understand why there still is this separate popup control (albeit of a new specialized struct type). Because, as I can see it, this still introduces more flicker than the method I used without it. To let you be the judge of it, I include two executables; the 2686 version is with your new code (literally, as taken from the repository), the 2678 version is with the old popup code, modified as I suggested. I use Vista and I can still see a difference in the smoothness of the popup of the colorpopup in the 'Property Grid' tab.
Is this separate control intended to fix your remark:
Quote:

Also, the effect in DropList is not equivalent to what is standard in other platforms - it should slide in, not be gradually revealed.
?

Best regards,

frank

PS: There is a little difference in look of the DropList compared to the native combobox (in list only/non-editable mode) in Windows. In Windows; the 'button' has a 'pressed' look as long as the list is visible; even when the mouse is not even hovering over the button anymore.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 September 2010 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: no true Iterator support in Upp???
Next Topic: How to init StreamString
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 21:02:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02869 seconds