FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Arrys vs Vectors
Re: Arrys vs Vectors [message #30380 is a reply to message #30360] Mon, 27 December 2010 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Thank you for your answers and advises.

Regarding DUMPC et al. I am getting used to them and find DUMPC and Logfile very useful. It works very well, thanks. Remark: By the way,

**Query: what are DUMPCC, DUMPCCC and DDUMPC for?. So far I only know DUMP and DUMPC.

Another question more related to C++: the usage of pointers and Arrays of pointers as class member variables is difficult to me for things like s%*p1…. In Serialize function does not work.

**Query: if I have an Array<ptr*> as a variable private member of a class, does it work? Is it any limitation in the NTL containers for being used as containers of pointers to classes as member variables of a class?

Regarding DeepCopyOptionness I am using it in all my classes for I find it very useful.

**Query: Does it penalize or increases the complexity of the code in any way whatsoever?

Debugging: I have tried Microsoft Windbg as external debugger but it does not inspect the NTL containers. Nevertheless, as Mirek suggests, the usage of DUMPS et al. is ok. The crash in the debugger faded away after a U++ re-installation. An improvement that I recommend is the increase of the number lines displayed to visualize a variable (so far is 20 lines). I think this is useful and easy for you guys to do.

**Query: Is there any way to preserve the U++ personal configuration between installations?

Best wishes and Merry Christmas,

Javier

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: asxml...or like I would like to keep encoding...
Next Topic: :( errors on sfx project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 18:51:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01141 seconds