Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Tell me more about U++ please.
Re: Tell me more about U++ please. [message #31645 is a reply to message #31521] Fri, 18 March 2011 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
I registered in 2007 and am still a newbie (which I am not proud of). I deeply regret that I did not choose to stay with it.

If you have reasonably good C++ background && ( don't want to pay for Visual Studio Non-free version || cross-platform is a concern), you should seriously consider U++.

The best part with U++ is that it couldn't be simpler to develop your own control or even to revise certain part of the core library if you know for sure what you are doing (not recommended as update of UPP will erase your work unless you can somehow have it committed to the main branch Smile

The only drawback with upp is it's lack of popularity. Unlike GTK+/QT, there is not a GNOME/KDE behind it to create a huge community. I recently found out that the current U++ font implementation did not support non-western fonts really well. I attribute it to the size of the UPP community. That's why it's very important that more C++ programmers like you appreciate the beauty of U++ and join us.

You time spend with a C++ GUI that's non-UPP could well be wasted, as is the case with me.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message