Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » "new maintainers thread"
Re: "new maintainers thread" [message #4706 is a reply to message #4702] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 15:13

fudadmin wrote on Sat, 19 August 2006 11:29

more about Topic:
I added Topic package from subversion and now I've compiled uppweb but pages show COMPRESSED pages...
Ideas?

I'm repeating this post just to draw Mirek's atttention.
Am I very unlucky with uvs2 or something is not updated?
P.S. I need a book "how to use uvs2"... Smile
in short: what is export and import in uvs2? Do they work the same like in subversion?
Why then, when I try to export in uvs2, it starts connecting to the net?
P.S2. uvs2 is driving me mad... Twisted Evil Smile

There are two major differences:

- there is no "export" or "import". There is single operation, called "Sync", that performs all necessary operations to upload your changes to global repository and download changes in global repository to your local repository and your sources.

- each client has his local repository. It stores complete history of all files; each Sync updates this in parellel to actual sources.

Now a little bit confusing bit is that people are often confused by this local repository - beacause its internal format is that snapshot of each file at the time of last Sync is stored there along with another file that stores version differences (uvs2 stores differences from latest version back - this saves space, as most differences are adding code).

Anyway, local repostory should be always a black box to you. If you want to see some historic version, launch uvs2.exe.

Also, if you perform a first Sync, complete local source tree and local repository are downloaded.

Also note that uvs2.exe in fact does not have an active server part. All necessary work is done by client, the backend is regular ftp server.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message