Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Choosing the best way to go full UNICODE
Re: Choosing the best way to go full UNICODE [message #48243 is a reply to message #48238] Sun, 11 June 2017 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Thu, 08 June 2017 13:00
Not quite 100% done analyzing the data, but here is what I think I'll do:
- respect the 3 plane convention. Unicode has 17 planes, with the first 3 in active use. Plane 14 is used, but it is specific and only has 368 allocated code points. It is so specific that I'll add exclude it, the same as I do all planes except planes 0-2. All excluded planes have the property that any function f(cp) = cp.
- I'll ignore all special substitutions: sub and superscript, font, circle, square, fractions and of course compatibility substitutions. I won't be using a flag for now, just exclude them.
- I'll ignore all CJK COMPATIBILITY IDEOGRAPHs. There is no way a general purpose library can provide satisfactory use case for these. If you really needs such substitution, you will probably use a more competent third party library. f(CJK COMPATIBILITY IDEOGRAPH) = CJK COMPATIBILITY IDEOGRAPH

All these combined with my two table solution, with a chunk size of 256 to 1024 will leave me with around 8000-9000 bytes of data in each executable that does decomposition. Final numbers will be determined once implementation is done and round trip testing is complete.

I think this is a reasonable subset that can handle NFD, at the small price of a flat 9K in exe size, + the size of the actual methods.

I have managed to squeeze complete composition to 3.8KB table... Smile

Interesting observation: With UnicodeCompose / Decompose, with first 2048 codepoints covered by "fast table", there is no need for further tables for ToUpper, ToLower, ToAscii.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Some addition proposals
Next Topic: Help needed with link errors (serversocket)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 06:36:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01803 seconds