Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Critical issues to resolve for U++ 2018.1 - please suggest
Re: Issues with OpenGL [message #49286 is a reply to message #49285] Mon, 15 January 2018 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I am aware that OpenGL implementation is not working as it should be on Linux. The first reason is that our GTK backend doesn't support DHCtrl. Which is require for high performance OpenGL. On the other hand our X11 implementation that worked previously for some reasons stops working (Due to Mirek's patch to CtrlCore). And there is no obvious way how to fix it - I spent some time try to fix it without success.

However, from Linux our goal should be developing DHCtrl for GTK and after that build OpenGL ctrl. The X11 back-end has got lower priority for us. I believe for now we should only fix crashes - nothing else.

Mirek fix GLDraw compilation at 9th January of 2018. It should be fixed in next release.

+Mirek
I prioritize some redmines ticket and set them with hight priority. Can you look at this and analyze that should we fix it in 2018.1 (Service pack for 2017.1). Just sort "Issues" with priority.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 January 2018 22:43]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message