Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [POLL] Should we upgrade umk command line behavior ?
Re: [POLL] Should we upgrade umk command line behavior ? [message #53600 is a reply to message #53599] Tue, 14 April 2020 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
amrein wrote on Tue, 14 April 2020 15:12
mirek wrote on Tue, 14 April 2020 13:38
I have fixed the poll to make it more clear...

Still, I think that there is no reason to sacrifice compatibility. The differences in what is possible without sacrificing it and what is possible while doing so are IMO negligible.

EDIT: Actually, the only meaningfull difference there is that you insist that 3rd non-option parameter is "output", while backward compatibility requires "build method" (which you want to supply with -b only). Is that really worth it?

Mirek

"Should we upgrade umk command line behavior" => "Should we sacrifice backward compatibility in umk to make command line nicer?" Laughing

It's clearly a more oriented question. Only early adopters who adapt easily to new things will say "yes, we should".

Well, I think that the fact it actually IS breaking the compatibility should be clearly stated there. Which it was not.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2020 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Things we want from Linux/FreeBSD release archives
Next Topic: Anybody willing to look into OpenSSL Win32 compilation?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 23:15:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02065 seconds