U++ framework
Do not panic. Ask here before giving up.

Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ as web platform
Re: U++ as web platform [message #7138 is a reply to message #7080] Fri, 15 December 2006 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Messages: 14291
Registered: November 2005
Ultimate Member
zsolt wrote on Tue, 12 December 2006 05:50

This would be something like ActivX, I think. But it was not too successful.



No, I do not think so. In fact, for the moment it is better to forget about "web" aspect...

What I am suggesting is U++ based runtime environment for platform indepentent applications. Simply you download the application and run it on any platform.

Surprisingly, all needed seems already to be in U++, even smallest details like GetDataFile. That "independent executable" would be just .zip of one or several packages.

Runtime would unzip it, BLITZ compile it against uppsrc and run. Of course, it would be maintaining the cache to get things faster...

I dare to say that BLITZ compile of most of stuff would not take longer than 20s, which is comparable to many Java apps startup times...

The only problem (found by Bas) is that it is maybe too open-sourced... (you can unzip and get sources). But Java has decompilers too.

Mirek
 
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Benchmarking U++
Next Topic: Experiments with Vector growth factor...
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 08 07:51:28 GMT+2 2026

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00874 seconds