Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » GridCtrl problem
GridCtrl problem [message #21002] Sat, 25 April 2009 00:26 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

I like GridCtrl but I have sometimes problems.

I have not found the way to reproduce them but I have taken some screenshots that I enclose you. hitems[] size is 4 and hcol is 5 so when doing hitems[hcol] an exception is thrown.

Thank you
Koldo
  • Attachment: Doc1.pdf
    (Size: 132.26KB, Downloaded 288 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: GridCtrl problem [message #21003 is a reply to message #21002] Sat, 25 April 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks. I'll try to find it. Are you able to tell what are you doing when grid crashes?
Re: GridCtrl problem [message #21015 is a reply to message #21003] Sat, 25 April 2009 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

It is difficult for me to find the root cause. I have got the exception in three places, always trying to access hitems[] elems over its scope and always when moving the mouse over the Grid time after the Grid is filled with data.

I suppose this is circumstantial, but I usually use grids with few rows but hundreds of columns.

I have began to enclose the code with problems with
	if (hitems.GetCount() > hcol) {
	}
This is not the solution but it lets me follow.

Best regards
Koldo
  • Attachment: Screen.JPG
    (Size: 181.27KB, Downloaded 210 times)

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Sat, 25 April 2009 23:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GridCtrl problem [message #21351 is a reply to message #21015] Thu, 14 May 2009 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

koldo wrote on Sat, 25 April 2009 11:12

Hello unodgs

It is difficult for me to find the root cause. I have got the exception in three places, always trying to access hitems[] elems over its scope and always when moving the mouse over the Grid time after the Grid is filled with data.

I suppose this is circumstantial, but I usually use grids with few rows but hundreds of columns.

I have began to enclose the code with problems with
	if (hitems.GetCount() > hcol) {
	}
This is not the solution but it lets me follow.

Best regards
Koldo

This is workaround. The problem is hcol should never point to not existing column. I guess the problem is in GetMouseCol. Could you pleas post workable test case similar to your real app?
Re: GridCtrl problem [message #21353 is a reply to message #21002] Thu, 14 May 2009 16:10 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

I will try it. Now is not a good time as I am using the program with other people so I do not want it to crash.

But of course the way to solve the problem is to begin with preparing a test case.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: How can I setup right collating sequence in GridCtrl?
Next Topic: Can gridctrl remember row column sizes & other questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:56:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04027 seconds