FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Metrowerks Code Warrior
Metrowerks Code Warrior [message #29238] Tue, 12 October 2010 22:04 Go to next message
dubinse is currently offline  dubinse
Can I use U++ with the Metrowerks Code Warrior development system? If so, please give any hints or helps in setting up. Thank you.
Re: Metrowerks Code Warrior [message #29244 is a reply to message #29238] Wed, 13 October 2010 09:08 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

dubinse wrote on Tue, 12 October 2010 22:04

Can I use U++ with the Metrowerks Code Warrior development system? If so, please give any hints or helps in setting up. Thank you.

Hi dubinse,

Technically yes, U++ is just plain C++ after all. Practically, it is not that easy. I never used Code Warrior, so the following are just general hints, that apply for any development system.

Basically, you should set up everything that is stored in .upp files using your IDE. Have a look in some, they are quite easy to understand. Of course you can skip some things, if you know you will not need them (e.g. Solaris support, if you don't plan using Solaris). Some basic things you definitely have to set:
- List of all files to compile.
Add include path for each nest (e.g. /<upp-install-path>/uppsrc).
- Make sure that all the packages you use and all their dependecies get compiled.
- Set up flags (e.g. for MT app on linux, using gcc: -DflagGCC -DflagPOSIX -DflagMT...)
- Make sure additional compile and link parameters are used as stated in .upp files.

Try to open some of the example apps that come with U++ in TheIDE, set verbose mode (Setup -> Be verbose) and compile. The output console will contain full compile commands as they are executed. That will give you plenty of info too.

If you are using posix compatible system, alternative way how to use U++ in different IDE might be using a Makefile. Either writing your own, or there is a universal makefile that reads the .upp files and compiles everything manually.

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: LoadFromFile, StoreToFile and Serialize
Next Topic: I'm a U newbie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:33:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.72315 seconds