Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Opening a package
Opening a package [message #44447] Fri, 13 March 2015 07:15 Go to next message
eldiener is currently offline  eldiener
Promising Member
When I start the IDE it comes up with a "Select main package" screen. From where does it get its list of assemblies and packages ?

Suppose I want to open a package not in its list. How do I do that ? If I choose "Cancel" the IDE closes and if I choose New Package it does not allow me to select an already created package somewhere else.
Re: Opening a package [message #44449 is a reply to message #44447] Fri, 13 March 2015 07:36 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

eldiener wrote on Fri, 13 March 2015 07:15
When I start the IDE it comes up with a "Select main package" screen. From where does it get its list of assemblies and packages ?

Suppose I want to open a package not in its list. How do I do that ? If I choose "Cancel" the IDE closes and if I choose New Package it does not allow me to select an already created package somewhere else.

Assemblies are created/edited/... by right clicking in the left pane of the "Select main package" dialog. The physical information is stored in theide configuration directory (~/.upp/theide on linux, not sure where it is on windows) as *.var files. You can edit/create them there as well, if you prefer that.

Honza
Previous Topic: Project folders recognized & listed in U++ startup list, stay organized
Next Topic: Understanding packages, assemblies, and nests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:26:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00870 seconds