Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6
Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6 [message #45936] Thu, 28 January 2016 15:35 Go to next message
Navadvipa Chandra das is currently offline  Navadvipa Chandra das

Hello, All!

I needed access to the database MySql. But even the standard example (reference/SQL_MySql) of the box of Ultimate++ is not working.

/home/navadvipa/upp/uppsrc/MySql/MySql.h:16:25: fatal error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
#include <mysql/mysql.h>
compilation terminated.

In the file MySql/MySql.h has the following lines

#ifdef PLATFORM_POSIX
#include <mysql/mysql.h>
#endif

But even if you correct the file name to the correct case-sensitive

#ifdef PLATFORM_POSIX
#include <MySql/MySql.h>
#endif

it is still not working. It gives other errors. Can somebody help to rectify the situation?

The version of Ultimate++ 9435 (64 bit) (Gtk)

The other examples work well. But all examples I is not checked.

Thank you!

With best regards Navadvipa Chandra das.
Re: Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6 [message #45939 is a reply to message #45936] Thu, 28 January 2016 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello Navadvipa Chandra das,

Welcome to the forum Cool

The code was actually correct when it was lowercase. It does not refer to the header in MySql U++ package, but to the header for libmysql, usually located in /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h. To get this to your system, you'll need to install libmysqlclient-devel via your distributions package manager.

Let us know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6 [message #45943 is a reply to message #45939] Fri, 29 January 2016 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Jan and all also!

Thank you very much! After installing the package lib64mysqlclient-devel example (reference/SQL_MySql) works well. Here is an example (reference/SQL_PostgreSql) doesn't compile for similar reasons.

In file included from /home/navadvipa/upp/uppsrc/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL.cpp:1:0:
/home/navadvipa/upp/uppsrc/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL.h:10:33: fatal error: postgresql/libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
#include <postgresql/libpq-fe.h>

I installed the packages:
$ sudo urpmi postgresql postgresql-plpgsql postgresql-server postgresql-contrib postgresql-devel postgresql-docs

Please help with PostgreSQL database.

With best regards Navadvipa Chandra das.
Re: Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6 [message #45945 is a reply to message #45943] Sat, 30 January 2016 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello,

Navadvipa Chandra das wrote on Fri, 29 January 2016 22:06
In file included from /home/navadvipa/upp/uppsrc/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL.cpp:1:0:
/home/navadvipa/upp/uppsrc/PostgreSQL/PostgreSQL.h:10:33: fatal error: postgresql/libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
#include <postgresql/libpq-fe.h>

I installed the packages:
$ sudo urpmi postgresql postgresql-plpgsql postgresql-server postgresql-contrib postgresql-devel postgresql-docs

This looks like a bug. The file is actually located in /usr/include/libpq-fe.h. Quick file search would tell you that Wink So the postgresql/ shouldn't be there, the only systems where this works are those based on Debian, where the path is for some reason different. For a quick fix, just remove the "postgresql/" from the include.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Not compile example reference/SQL_MySql in ROSA Linux R6 [message #45948 is a reply to message #45945] Sat, 30 January 2016 13:03 Go to previous message

Hello, Jan and all!

Indeed the file was already in my system and in my fright I began to panic and thought I need one more set. The path like this - /usr/include/libpq-fe.h .

Per Your suggestion, removed the "postgresql/" from the include and example work!
Now I need to configure the Postgresql server itself Razz , but that's another story.

Another question.

ArrayCtrl - table not for SQL
SqlArray - table for SQL
GridCtrl - tables and for SQL and for not SQL data

ArrayCtrl and SqlArray suitable to display external data ( AddRowNumColumn ). But GridCtrl, I understand, to display the external data is not suitable. Right? Why are there so many tables? GridCtrl just looks prettier than ArrayCtrl and SqlArray? Or there is some covert reason?

With best reason Navadvipa Chandra das.
Previous Topic: U++ Package availability for LinuxMint
Next Topic: Theide problem on lubuntu 16.04 dolik ppa
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:51:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01443 seconds