Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Compilation error with GCC
Compilation error with GCC [message #46305] Wed, 13 April 2016 22:09 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi all,

There is a long time I did not come on the forum. I still explore U++ high level capacity for rapid development.
I was interested to test the GCC compiler and I downloaded the upp archive 9687 embedding the Ming compiler. The installation worked perfectly (as usual with U++ Smile ) but I got the following fatal error when compiling the Control4U_Demo project in Bazaar package Confused

D:\Installations\Compilateurs\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\LocalPr ocess2.cpp (151): error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'Upp::WString&' from an rvalue of type 'Upp::Wstring'

Any idea ? or MSC15 is still the preferable alternative ? Rolling Eyes

Thanks in advance for advice

Regards
Biobytes
Re: Compilation error with GCC [message #46306 is a reply to message #46305] Thu, 14 April 2016 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you BioBytes. Bug is now fixed and Control4U_Demo compiles perfectly with MinGW too.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Compilation error with GCC [message #46307 is a reply to message #46306] Thu, 14 April 2016 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Koldo,

Thank you very much for your reply. I just installed Upp-9694-MingW but still have a compiling error with MingW. My sytem is Win XP with SP3 installed.

The problem is in Function4U package

LocalProcess2.cpp at line 151 "WStringBuffer wscmd(ToSystemCharsetW(command));"

The message error is "D:\Logiciels\Dvt\upp\bazaar\Functions4U\LocalProcess2.cpp (151): error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'Upp::WString&' from an rvalue of type 'Upp::WString'"

Maybe an issue with the conversion of command to WString Confused

Looking forward to hearing from you Razz

Regards
Biobytes
Re: Compilation error with GCC [message #46308 is a reply to message #46307] Thu, 14 April 2016 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello BioBytes

Version 9694 was uploaded 5 hour ago. Fix has been uploaded later Smile
Nightly-builds are updated once per day (european hour). To get last sources you would have to get them from svn.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2016 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compilation error with GCC [message #46310 is a reply to message #46308] Thu, 14 April 2016 14:16 Go to previous message
Thank you Koldo for this prompt patch Smile

Sorry I was so willingful to use GCC compiler for my last project that I did not realize that I should wait for the next nightly build Embarassed

I saw the correction in details on GIT

Thank you again

Regards

Biobytes
Previous Topic: IDE compilation error
Next Topic: Compiling issue with MySQL and GCC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:13:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01447 seconds