Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » [fatal error:] on Centos 7
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47229 is a reply to message #47228] Fri, 30 December 2016 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrSarup
Hello Amrein-Marie,

Thanks for giving me solution. Everything works fine and the binary can compile without problem. I have created a bash script to do this work. Thus, I could and will be able to repeat the boring work of writing commands.

I do think that there should be a much better possibility to work with this. There should be an installer which may be developed and modified with new versions. Only then new comers could have an instant start and problems may not be repeated. Alternatively speaking, some problems and time consuming task could be eradicated before.

I have added the c+11 option in GCC.bm file. It can compile with and without. I can make a debug and release as well.

Quote:

Someday you will run a command line like the following one, by mistake, and it will remove all your files...

Thats the last problem, in my case! Lets say if this happens, that so what? Gone are the days when I was so dramatically scared to work with servers. I have faced nightmares working with Redhat v3 in 1996/1997. We have a different technology available today.

I can restore the entire server with one single click from many images lying on my cloud hosting account. I can also make a backup of my server in Singapore or Los Angeles or Frankfurt, or vise versa and install it in other locations. These servers have identical setup.
The working scripts, etc. I have remains, as a master, on my workstation. A copy is uploaded on my server for playing and experimenting. With one click I upload it and I should be there, where I was before I may have issued a ridiculous command.

But if I do not login as root, then I have to write so many alphabets extra, you know! I need to keep on login, etc., changing permissions, etc... All a headache.
Being a lazy person fighting against the Time Monster, I fine is easier to login as root.
BTW, such a mistake has occurred _NOT_EVEN_ONCE_ in the last 20 years of my Linux administration!

Apart from that, I wonder if you could make FPM packages, as I suggested in my earlier thread. That will help all. Since you have such a lot of experience in this area, making FPM would be wonderful.

My next exercise is to make a proxy transfer of data from a remote server on Windows workstation to SocketServer on Centos, and execute commands there, etc. For this, I am now really scared to invest more time with this forked and terrible difficult, but lovely, U++.

I wish you all - the users of U++ community - nice holidays and a happy start of the new year...
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47230 is a reply to message #47227] Fri, 30 December 2016 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
Klugier, I followed your advice and added the cpp option line inside GCC.bm.
COMMON_CPP_OPTIONS = "-std=c++11";
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47231 is a reply to message #47229] Fri, 30 December 2016 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
The best automatic distribution package builder I know of is The Open Build Service (OBS) from OpenSuse Linux. It's a generic system to build and distribute binary packages from sources in "an automatic, consistent and reproducible way" and for different Linux distributions.

http://openbuildservice.org/about/
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service

Automatic upp building is out of my scope but perhaps in the future...

[Updated on: Fri, 30 December 2016 12:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47245 is a reply to message #47231] Sun, 01 January 2017 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello amrein,

I see you did a lot of work to restore our RPM infrastructure. Would you kindly to update following documentation page http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$uppx11$en-us.html. The documentation side can be found in uppbox directory inside upp repository. You should have appropriate privileges to do this.

As MrSarup noticed we need to improve our documentation. The other thing is problem with compilation on RPM base distribution - I will create tick for this to not forget about this before release.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 January 2017 15:36]

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47248 is a reply to message #47245] Sun, 01 January 2017 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrSarup
Hello Klugier,
Klugier wrote on Sun, 01 January 2017 15:28

I see you did a lot of work to restore our RPM infrastructure. Would you kindly to update following documentation page http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$uppx11$en-us.html.

Had Mr. Amrein-Marie not taken the issue on board, then there was ZERO CHANCE to compile even the tiniest two line of code of the SocketServer.cpp, specifically looking at the documentation and forum messages. So yes, you are perfectly right. Docs is the first place to begin.

Further, I also suggest to add download of rpm, which Mr. Amrein-Marie has created.
What's wrong in providing it (because it is there) until a next stable one is out. Well, it should be made available under the tested platform Centos 7 and Fedora.
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47249 is a reply to message #47245] Sun, 01 January 2017 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi Klugier

I tried but failed to edit that file "trunk/uppbox/uppweb/www.tpp/uppx11$en-us.tpp" with TheIde.
Perhaps another day when I will want to get back to it.
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47271 is a reply to message #47249] Mon, 02 January 2017 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
If someone know how to edit this file, please tell me.
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47277 is a reply to message #47271] Mon, 02 January 2017 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MrSarup
Hello Amrein,
amrein wrote on Mon, 02 January 2017 15:55
If someone know how to edit this file, please tell me.

http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$Topic$en-us.html
Technical background
All *.tpp files are internally just a text file in QTF format (U++ specific rich formatted text format).
Last edit by klugier on 07/16/2016.

From above, it appears that it is a simple ASCI file.

Then, if this assumption is true, you could simply rename it to rtf and edit it on windows with any rich text editor.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 January 2017 18:44]

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47278 is a reply to message #47277] Mon, 02 January 2017 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

It shouldn't be, so hard - or you have degenrated TheIDe. Here is my simply tutorial - setup uppbox as regular assembly with - here is my setup (/home/klugier/upp/uppbox;/home/klugier/upp/uppsrc).

All you need to do is just select following package inside TheIDE:
index.php?t=getfile&id=5146&private=0

Then you need to find this file and edit it with topic designer - should happens automatically when you select file:

Please do not edit .tpp file manually - it can lead to problems with file.

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47279 is a reply to message #47278] Mon, 02 January 2017 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello,

The file edition mode (inside TheIDE):
index.php?t=getfile&id=5147&private=0

If the way I posted here and in above post - please past your documentation text and I will update file. But, I believe that we manage to solve your problems.

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47289 is a reply to message #47279] Tue, 03 January 2017 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thank you.
Done.
Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47290 is a reply to message #47289] Tue, 03 January 2017 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Editing that file changed 'all.i' too so I discarded 'all.i' changes (too suspicious).
I guess this is ok.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2017 15:08]

Re: [fatal error:] on Centos 7 [message #47338 is a reply to message #47279] Thu, 05 January 2017 11:02 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I created a better version of the POSIX/X11 installation documentation : http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$uppx11$en-us.html
Please tell me if you see something wrong. It will be online tomorrow I guess (tomorrow = 2017-01-05).
Previous Topic: Can Ultimate++ be installed on Beaglebone Black running on Debian OS?
Next Topic: Can't compile U++ on most Linux distributions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:36:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02097 seconds