Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Graphical glitches on wine (Wines regression problem)
Graphical glitches on wine (Wines regression problem) [message #47852] Tue, 11 April 2017 21:08 Go to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
application written in upp(windows) and running it using wine on linux:
almost everything seems to work, except:
all buttons and button derivates;
most clicked button notifications are not fired up when clicked(cca 1 out of 4 are) - including button derivates like spinners.

When using user controls and using default MouseEvents(LeftDown,...) it works correctly.

Anyone, any ideas why this is so?

[Updated on: Wed, 26 April 2017 22:47] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: wine'n stuff [message #47878 is a reply to message #47852] Sun, 16 April 2017 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Tue, 11 April 2017 21:08
application written in upp(windows) and running it using wine on linux:
almost everything seems to work, except:
all buttons and button derivates;
most clicked button notifications are not fired up when clicked(cca 1 out of 4 are) - including button derivates like spinners.

When using user controls and using default MouseEvents(LeftDown,...) it works correctly.

Anyone, any ideas why this is so?

Can you give me and example what "clicked button notificatio" is? Perhaps a little testcase would be helpful too...

Other than that, I sometimes run theide.exe in linux, with no issues at all.
Re: wine'n stuff [message #47879 is a reply to message #47852] Sun, 16 April 2017 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
Here is a screenshot of upp10988(lastPicture->upp-wine-linux2.png) with info:
https://c.gmx.com/luoganda@gmx.com/nJmZuvaNSUyD8aGQzb04ug,

altough i use theide32 on 64bit pc - xfce4 desktop,
because i can't find appropriate wine64 for current distro,
maybe it's a 32bit 'thing',
altough there are no issues with some other 32bit apps, like Pixia

[Updated on: Sun, 16 April 2017 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: wine'n stuff [message #47956 is a reply to message #47879] Wed, 26 April 2017 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello,

This used to work fine before but it happens to be the case for some time now (at least one year).

I think it is more related to an evolution of Wine rather than a Upp bug introduced : I have an application build with wine that used to work fine and the same binary (that used to work) has the same bad behaviour now.

Still, there seems to be an issue with the buttons since the tabs of TabCtrl work fine
Re: wine'n stuff [message #47957 is a reply to message #47956] Wed, 26 April 2017 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

We will probably not found time to fix that issue - it has got the lowest priority, because it is wine. We have native POSIX port, so I do not see reason to use wine, instead of using native Upp. I know that it could be some different, but native experience is much more valuable.

If everything works fine previously and it works fine on Windows. It means that wine introduces bug, not us... You should definitely rapport this issue to wines developers. This may be valuable for them for regression testing.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: wine'n stuff [message #47962 is a reply to message #47957] Thu, 27 April 2017 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Klugier,

The reason to use wine is quite simple: I develop all the code in linux, and when it is time build the windows version: I use wine with VC express installed on it.
But some times, I dont have the linux version at hand and the code doesn't compile any more (Upp code évolution) and all I have is left is the windows version, the one I distribute : so I use it under Wine

I will look into this this evening, should be quite straight forward

Re: wine'n stuff [message #47990 is a reply to message #47962] Tue, 02 May 2017 21:35 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Dider,

OK, I would like to say that I understand your point of view.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: U++ in a computer cluster
Next Topic: Some addition proposals
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:16:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03837 seconds