Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » About LabelBox and child widgets
About LabelBox and child widgets [message #48008] Fri, 05 May 2017 16:27 Go to next message
nilo is currently offline  nilo
I'm trying to put some widgets inside a LabelBox using the layout designer.

But when I resize the windows, the widgets keep the original positions, even when the LabelBox changes its position.

I'm expecting that LabelBox would act as a "layout container" and the LabelBox and its contents would chonge position on the windows as a whole thing, but it's not what is happening.

Am I missing something? Or there are alternatives ther than LabelBox to do what I need?
Re: About LabelBox and child widgets [message #48013 is a reply to message #48008] Sat, 06 May 2017 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

LabelBox not acts as a container - currently we have not implemented containers. But, It definitely should happens in the future - this is require to move forward on mobile market. However you can emulated it using for example Splitter or ParentCtrl. Moreover, as I remember there was bazaar project that creates simply containers like Grid.

Backing to LabelBox it is a static control and you can simply put content inside it. You need to resize it first. Then put controls like EditField, Lable etc. inside it. There is no magic here. LabelBox can be resize able, so it can easily cover all the window content when the size of window will change.

The classical usage of LabelBox can be spotted in examples/GeoFun/GeFun.lay - About layout. Alternatively, you could look inside TheIde code (uppsrc/ide package). You can find a lot of LabelBox usage in ide.lay file.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 06 May 2017 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About LabelBox and child widgets [message #48014 is a reply to message #48013] Mon, 08 May 2017 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info! I'll dig on the code.

Can I have some advice on how to start the development of a container?

Regards from Brazil!
Re: About LabelBox and child widgets [message #48017 is a reply to message #48014] Tue, 09 May 2017 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omari is currently offline  omari
Experienced Member
Hi,

in the attached archive, an example that use a componant designed in the Layout designer.

regards
omari.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 May 2017 20:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About LabelBox and child widgets [message #48023 is a reply to message #48017] Wed, 10 May 2017 14:03 Go to previous message
Very interesting code! Gave me some hints about the creation of components.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Previous Topic: bug: declaring widget as global
Next Topic: WithDropChoice has Get,GetCount, but no Set,Remove
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:31:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03329 seconds