Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub (New wya of installing our framework on Linux)
TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub [message #60345] Tue, 19 December 2023 21:32 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I would like to inform you that today TheIDE has been released on Flathub. It means that you can download TheIDE bundled with the U++ framework on most Linux distributions without the need to compile the whole environment from scratch. Moreover, it is the perfect version for people who want to try our solution for the first time. The Flatpak version of TheIDE supports all major functionalities, including UppHub, compilation, and debugging. So, the difference between the vanilla U++ and flatpak versions should be minimal. The flatpak version of TheIDE is locked on 2023.2, so even if you change uppsrc to the latest git version, TheIDE update won't be possible.

If you have time, please install the Flatpak version and test it. I will be grateful for your effort. Currently, I am testing on x86_64. However, at the moment, I do not have a machine with the aarch64 architecture (ARM 64) to test. So, if you have such a machine, your tests will be very appreciated. I assume it works. However, live verification is always something different.

Here is the screenshot from the Manjaro app store (you do not need to add any repository; upp can be downloaded after OS installation without any additional configuration):
index.php?t=getfile&id=6875&private=0

You can also download TheIDE directly from the command line by executing the following commands:
flatpak install flathub org.ultimatepp.TheIDE

And then, after installation, run following command to lunch TheIDE:
flatpak run org.ultimatepp.TheIDE

Please treat this flatpak package as a new-year present Smile Happy new year!

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 December 2023 21:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub [message #60346 is a reply to message #60345] Tue, 19 December 2023 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Klugier,

What a nice gift!

Thank you for all your efforts. This will definitely help our userbase grow.

I have just installed the flatpak (on ArchLinux, x64) to test it, and it worked without a problem!

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Tue, 19 December 2023 22:07]

Re: TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub [message #60349 is a reply to message #60346] Wed, 20 December 2023 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Dear Klugier

Thank you very much for what you have done. I always missed that U++ could not be installed from a package repository.

I am trying to install it in WSL with Ubuntu, but I have problems. I'm sorry but I'm a flatpak newbie.

Following the instructions here, I have done this:
sudo apt install flatpak
sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://dl.flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

I have restarted. Then I have followed the instructions here:

Running this:

It prints:
No remote refs found similar to 'flathub'

Running this:
flatpak run org.ultimatepp.TheIDE

It prints:
app/org.ultimatepp.TheIDE/x86_64/master not installed

Thank you!

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub [message #60350 is a reply to message #60349] Wed, 20 December 2023 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Koldo,

Try to run
flatpak install org.ultimatepp.TheIDE

instead of (flathub after install is not needed here!)

The flatpak run command fails because you didn't install org.ultimatepp. TheIDE. So, make sure the install command passes. The initial commands with flatpak installation looks fine to me.

Please let me know if my solution helps.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 December 2023 15:31]

Re: TheIDE and U++ have been released on Flathub [message #60360 is a reply to message #60350] Fri, 22 December 2023 08:58 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hi Klugier

It seems my problem is normal. Here they propose to run this before installing TheIDE, and it works for me:
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo

In addition, this and the TheIDE install has to be preceded with 'sudo'. flatpak run doesn't need 'sudo'.

Thank you, and happy new year!

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: 2023.2
Next Topic: Painter improvements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 21:45:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03219 seconds