Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » umk UppHub support
umk UppHub support [message #59932] Sat, 03 June 2023 20:59 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
New -h option makes umk try to download missing packages from UppHub (it deletes umk's UppHub cache so that the downloaded packages are always in "reinstalled" state).
Re: umk UppHub support [message #60442 is a reply to message #59932] Sun, 21 January 2024 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Mirek,

Would it be possible to also add an "update UppHub" option? Right now "-h" is good to ensure that everything is rebuild from scratch. But if umk ran "git clean && git pull" in the UppHub managed nests, it would make the compilation more efficient. Only changed packages (and in those only changed source files) would have to be recompiled and the network traffic would also be reduced.

I know that it is not top priority with the fast CPUs and internet connections that we have today, but it still feels a bit wasteful to always redownload everything just to make sure it is up-to-date Smile

If you're ok with such option, but don't have time to implement it, just let me know, I can try to do it myself.

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Sun, 21 January 2024 12:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: umk UppHub support [message #60458 is a reply to message #60442] Sat, 10 February 2024 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sun, 21 January 2024 12:32
Hi Mirek,

Would it be possible to also add an "update UppHub" option? Right now "-h" is good to ensure that everything is rebuild from scratch. But if umk ran "git clean && git pull" in the UppHub managed nests, it would make the compilation more efficient. Only changed packages (and in those only changed source files) would have to be recompiled and the network traffic would also be reduced.

I know that it is not top priority with the fast CPUs and internet connections that we have today, but it still feels a bit wasteful to always redownload everything just to make sure it is up-to-date Smile

If you're ok with such option, but don't have time to implement it, just let me know, I can try to do it myself.

Best regards,
Honza

Sounds good, if you can create PR, will be happy to accept it.

Mirek
Re: umk UppHub support [message #60464 is a reply to message #60458] Wed, 14 February 2024 17:10 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

Here is the PR. It's been challenging (but fun!) to dive into U++ internals again after so many years Very Happy

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2024!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:37:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01484 seconds