Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP?
Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6442] Mon, 13 November 2006 04:56 Go to next message
zaurus is currently offline  zaurus
Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm right, but according to what I remember from my school days long time ago the meaning of horizontal and vertical is inverted in some places of U++.

Let's take the window splitter in TheIDE. Splitting horizontal should be from the left to the right of the screen (Horizontal is along the horizon, which is where the sun rises and sets.), but it shows a split from top to bottom, which is vertical in my opinion.

The same I find in the RectTracker for horizontal and vertical line and maybe some other places.

Am I right or wrong?

Actually not a big issue. I just came accross when playing with Splitter during the weekend.

Zaurus
Re: Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6444 is a reply to message #6442] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
zaurus wrote on Sun, 12 November 2006 22:56

Hi!

I'm not sure if I'm right, but according to what I remember from my school days long time ago the meaning of horizontal and vertical is inverted in some places of U++.

Let's take the window splitter in TheIDE. Splitting horizontal should be from the left to the right of the screen (Horizontal is along the horizon, which is where the sun rises and sets.), but it shows a split from top to bottom, which is vertical in my opinion.

The same I find in the RectTracker for horizontal and vertical line and maybe some other places.

Am I right or wrong?

Actually not a big issue. I just came accross when playing with Splitter during the weekend.

Zaurus

Well, with splitter, I think it is quite a debatable what is vertical and what horizontal.... If I remember well, the question asked was "How it splits the area?".

Mirek
Re: Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6448 is a reply to message #6444] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Mon, 13 November 2006 02:35

Well, with splitter, I think it is quite a debatable what is vertical and what horizontal.... If I remember well, the question asked was "How it splits the area?".

I remember that when I started to use the splitter first time I had the same feelings about it as Zaurus now. And I still have Wink . I prefer thinking about splitter as line on screen not as "How it splits the area?". That's my opinion.
Re: Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6449 is a reply to message #6448] Mon, 13 November 2006 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, ok. Perhaps I made a mistake.... (not for the first time).

In this very case, I am afraid we will have to live with it Sad

Mirek
Re: Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6458 is a reply to message #6449] Mon, 13 November 2006 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Mon, 13 November 2006 02:59

OK, ok. Perhaps I made a mistake.... (not for the first time).
In this very case, I am afraid we will have to live with it Sad

Too many existing apps to fix Wink ? Anyway, like Zaurus said it is not a big problem. Perhabs if it could be possible to add splitter in layout editor (in visiable way) it would be easier for newcomers. But I suppose it is not so easy to implement that..
Re: Horizontal and Vertical inverted in UPP? [message #6483 is a reply to message #6442] Tue, 14 November 2006 02:28 Go to previous message
zaurus is currently offline  zaurus
I didn't know there was a discussion before. Now with the 'definition' as 'how it splits' I can even understand the concept behind. No problem to leave it like it is.

Zaurus
Previous Topic: minimalist example with GridCtrl
Next Topic: Help:Capture USB Device message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:19:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03703 seconds