Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Output mode -- Not what is expected
Output mode -- Not what is expected [message #7399] Wed, 27 December 2006 02:16 Go to next message
agent86 is currently offline  agent86
Promising Member
Running version 605 at the moment...

I built a package and as part of that I set up where I wanted the output executable placed and successfully compiled and linked and did indeed produce the desired output.

Done with that package, I switched to another which was located in another part of the file system. After playing with the code a bit to get it to build in blitz mode (More on that in another message) it built and guess what? Yep, it came up as the other package's executable in that other directory. NOT what I was expecting.

I assumed that Output mode.. was associated with what was going on NOW, not some global setting.

This needs to be part of the package info, To be saved and read in from the upp files. It is very inconvenient to switch packages and have some latent build options screw things up.

So, did I do something wrong?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 December 2006 07:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build Options -- Not what is expected [message #7402 is a reply to message #7399] Wed, 27 December 2006 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 27 December 2006 07:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Output mode -- Not what is expected [message #7437 is a reply to message #7399] Fri, 29 December 2006 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
agent86 wrote on Tue, 26 December 2006 20:16

This needs to be part of the package info, To be saved and read in from the upp files. It is very inconvenient to switch packages and have some latent build options screw things up.

No, it cannot be part of package info, because the path is specific to the system you are using at the moment.

In reality, it is stored into "config" directory as package specific stuff. If you load the package again, it will have the same output mode settings as the last time you used it.

As for described situation, well, looks like a bug. Most likely output mode is not "cleared" when switching to another package (and if there is no record about output mode yet in config directory, previous settings is retained).

Mirek
Re: Output mode -- Not what is expected [message #7481 is a reply to message #7437] Sun, 31 December 2006 08:51 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Ok. What I wanted was to rename and place the executable. The "Output Mode.." was the first thing I saw which looked like it did what I wanted.

Since then I have been using compiler specific "link flags" such as -o <dir>/file or out:"<dir>/file.exe". depending on use of GCC or MSC. Of course, these are stored in the .upp file.

That did what I wanted.

And true, the Output mode did not get cleared upon loading a different package. For my learning, what needed to happen for it to work the way you expected?

The more I use UPP, the more I like it.

Previous Topic: Blitz mode
Next Topic: Misc. Requests.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 07:29:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02367 seconds