Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » How to reset a file .t
How to reset a file .t [message #3495] Sun, 28 May 2006 17:33 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I used the option "Import runtime translation file". the .tr file came in my .t file. But now I want generate a new empty .t file. With my surprise it is always generated with the translation of the previous .tr file.
Is there a chance to remove the previous translation and get a cleaned .t file?

Luigi
Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3496 is a reply to message #3495] Sun, 28 May 2006 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Sun, 28 May 2006 17:33

Hello,

I used the option "Import runtime translation file". the .tr file came in my .t file. But now I want generate a new empty .t file. With my surprise it is always generated with the translation of the previous .tr file.

Luigi

I've discovered a repositary.t file where finished my translation file. I'm tempted to delete it but I'm afraid to loose even other things that I could need.
Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3498 is a reply to message #3495] Mon, 29 May 2006 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
forlano wrote on Sun, 28 May 2006 11:33

Hello,

Luigi

Not at the moment, known translation are always inserted. Why do not you want previous translations?

Mirek
Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3500 is a reply to message #3498] Mon, 29 May 2006 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 00:24

Not at the moment, known translation are always inserted. Why do not you want previous translations?

Mirek

In the previous version of .t file there were no translation at all. I left it empty because I wanted the user could add his translation via a .tr file as discussed in a previous thread.
One user send me his .tr file and I did the mistake to try the import feature. I believed I could neglect it when I wanted. Instead now this translation is in theIDE as a virus Smile in each .t file.
Unfortunaly when the .t file of an application has already the translation the .tr file cannot update it. I would prefer the opposite behaviour: the presence of the .tr file should always override what has been compiled with the .t file. If one want the default behaviour should just remore the .tr file.

Luigi

[Updated on: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3501 is a reply to message #3500] Mon, 29 May 2006 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I believe that .tr file in .exe directory overwrites compiled-in translations (from .t files).

As for deteting translation repository, it should cause no problem (OTOH, new will be created pretty fast from strings present in .t)

Mirek

Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3503 is a reply to message #3501] Mon, 29 May 2006 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 08:41

I believe that .tr file in .exe directory overwrites compiled-in translations (from .t files).

Mirek

Unfortunately not. It is the opposite: the compiled-in file override the .tr file in the exe directory. The items of .tr files are read only when .t file has not the corrispondent item.
I guess should be easy to invert such behaviour. Could you give me a hint?

Luigi
Re: How to reset a file .t [message #3524 is a reply to message #3503] Wed, 31 May 2006 10:04 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
forlano wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 11:02

luzr wrote on Mon, 29 May 2006 08:41

Mirek

Unfortunately not. It is the opposite: the compiled-in file override the .tr file in the exe directory. The items of .tr files are read only when .t file has not the corrispondent item.
I guess should be easy to invert such behaviour. Could you give me a hint?

Luigi

Well, it was a bug - now it is fixed.

Mirek
Previous Topic: unicode input in edit ctrls
Next Topic: How to display Traditional Chinese (Big-5)?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:47:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01940 seconds