Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » FreeBSD port for 605 release
FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3610] Tue, 06 June 2006 22:01 Go to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
FreeBSD port files are attached for impatient FreeBSD users.

Changes:
- few patch file removals, due to integration into source code
- added WITH_SDL make variable, which defines if SDL libraries should be installed along with upp

[edit]: update of attachment to add pthread library definition for Core package

Matthias
  • Attachment: port.tar.gz
    (Size: 3.19KB, Downloaded 1848 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 June 2006 22:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3778 is a reply to message #3610] Sun, 25 June 2006 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr_jumba is currently offline  dr_jumba
Promising Member
Hi,

By default I get a linking error with undefined reference to pthread_* functions.

Adding the following line to Core.upp solves the problem:
library(FREEBSD) "pthread";

What do you think about this?
Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3785 is a reply to message #3778] Sun, 25 June 2006 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr_jumba wrote on Sun, 25 June 2006 01:03

By default I get a linking error with undefined reference to pthread_* functions.

Adding the following line to Core.upp solves the problem:
library(FREEBSD) "pthread";

What do you think about this?

Hi,

yes, thanks Embarassed .
Core package seems to use pthread functions, so we should add it to Core.upp as it is defined for Linux. I will update the port and hopefully Mirek integrates this library definition to Core.upp.
Have you used pthread functions in your own project? Because I get no error when compiling theide using theide itself, which also of course depends on Core package.

Matthias
Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3786 is a reply to message #3785] Sun, 25 June 2006 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Quote:

Have you used pthread functions in your own project? Because I get no error when compiling theide using theide itself, which also of course depends on Core package.

I had used your port to build upp. Then ran theide and just tried to compile some examples.
I have not used pthread functions. Examples are default 'Single threaded'. Also have not tried to compile theide using theide.
Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3787 is a reply to message #3786] Mon, 26 June 2006 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr_jumba wrote on Sun, 25 June 2006 23:27

I had used your port to build upp. Then ran theide and just tried to compile some examples.

Which examples have you tried to build?
I tried to build every example (in example assembly not the reference one) and did not get this error.

Matthias
Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3790 is a reply to message #3787] Mon, 26 June 2006 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Quote:

Which examples have you tried to build?

/GCC32.Debug.Gui
...AddressBook, AnimatedHello, Clock

May be we should wait for response from other FreeBSD users?

Hey, FreeBSD users, what is your experience in this issue?

P.S. I use FreeBSD 6.1
Re: FreeBSD port for 605 release [message #3792 is a reply to message #3790] Mon, 26 June 2006 22:27 Go to previous message
dr_jumba wrote on Mon, 26 June 2006 20:42

/GCC32.Debug.Gui
...AddressBook, AnimatedHello, Clock

Ah, now I see, pthread lib is needed for DEBUG build target. So one could also define library(FREEBSD DEBUG) "phtread"; more specifically to solve this problem. However, than we also need to define library(FREEBSD MT) "phtread"; to be able building multithreaded applications in general.
I am not sure, but maybe there is an OR option for library definitions, something like library(FREEBSD (MT || DEBUG)) "pthhread";?

Quote:

May be we should wait for response from other FreeBSD users?

Hey, FreeBSD users, what is your experience in this issue?

It seems we are the only one so far Crying or Very Sad , but somewhere I saw a NetBSD user, so at least we are not alone concerning *BSD issues Smile .

Quote:

P.S. I use FreeBSD 6.1

I use 6-Stable

Matthias
Previous Topic: Upp 606-dev3 released
Next Topic: Upp 606-dev4 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:52:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03383 seconds