Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel::ExecuteSelectDir issue
FileSel::ExecuteSelectDir issue [message #60048] Tue, 18 July 2023 13:42
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I'm having trouble with ExecuteSelectDir(). When running the below testcase code, everything runs as expected when I accept the 'active directory' or a sub directory item within the 'active directory'. However, if I select an ordinary file within the 'active directory', fs.Get() will return the current directory with unexpected trailing DIR_SEPS and then the next round with fs.ExecuteSelectDir() will strangely start up using the exe -directory as the 'active directory':

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>

using namespace Upp;

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	FileSel fs;
	while(fs.ExecuteSelectDir()) PromptOK(String("fs.Get() = ") + DeQtf(fs.Get() + "\nfs.GetActiveDir() = " + fs.GetActiveDir()));
}

Would it be possible to fix the code to return the 'active directory' even when selecting an ordinary file and still remain in the 'active directory' for the next round?

Further on, is there any way to simplify the user experience of directory selection? Some end users find it a bit confusing at the moment, as highlighting a directory entry results in a different selection than the 'active directory' while this is exactly what happens when clicking a regular file and also when nothing is highlighted.

[EDIT: Or is this wish of simplification rather just another reason for educating the end users better?]

Best regards,

Tom

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2023 13:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: FindFile
Next Topic: FileSelNative() writes to LOG
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:13:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04749 seconds