Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Finding DrawXPButton
Finding DrawXPButton [message #4703] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:17 Go to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
In void Button::Paint(Draw& w)

there is a call to the fct

DrawXPButton(w, sz, t)

I use the "Go to symbol definition" and "Go to definition/declaration" under the Assist menu, but I am not taken to this function.

Where do I find the implementation of DrawXPButton, and how do I find it?

Thanks
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4707 is a reply to message #4703] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
jadeite wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:17

In void Button::Paint(Draw& w)

there is a call to the fct

DrawXPButton(w, sz, t)

I use the "Go to symbol definition" and "Go to definition/declaration" under the Assist menu, but I am not taken to this function.

Where do I find the implementation of DrawXPButton, and how do I find it?

Thanks

My tip:
1. Type "DrawXPButton::" then Ctrl_Space and press Enter.
2. Use one of navigation "jumpers" (btw, I've assigned alt_< and alt_> and if I jump to a wrong place, I go back with alt_<arrow)
It works for me.

P.S you can check where it is by selecting inheritance (in this case <global>...,AFAIK)

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2006 21:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4714 is a reply to message #4707] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 15:33

My tip:
2. Use one of navigation "jumpers" (btw, I've assigned alt_< and alt_> and if I jump to a wrong place, I go back with alt_<arrow)
It works for me.

P.S you can check where it is by selecting inheritance (in this case <global>...,AFAIK)

Sorry, none of those suggestions does anything for me. I'm using release 605. This fct must be hiding somewhere, but I certainly can't find it.

How do I select inheritance? What do I select it under?

Did you actually find this DrawXPButton ghost?
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4717 is a reply to message #4714] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 15:49

fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 15:33

My tip:
It works for me.

Sorry, none of those suggestions does anything for me. I'm using release 605. This fct must be hiding somewhere, but I certainly can't find it.

How do I select inheritance? What do I select it under?

Did you actually find this DrawXPButton ghost?

Ok, I finally found it in DrawUtil.cpp, in the Draw folder after doing a find in files.

For drawing of controls, when some drawing is sort of OS dependent (XP look in this case), does all of that drawing always occurr in the Draw folder and not in Ctrl... folders? Is there a standard policy on that?
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4722 is a reply to message #4717] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Assist++ parser is still not perfect. Sometimes it gets confused when there are macros used in source file (and sometimes a bug in parser is showstopper). In such case, Assist++ simply does not know where to look for function.

In such case, I recommend simple "find in files" in "uppsrc" directory....

As for DrawXPButton, that fn is now mostly irrelevant because of chameleon, which on the other hand is not present in 605 release.

(605 is last freeze before accepting huge changes in image processing and chameleon, causing a temporary hell in U++ stability).

Actually, it was not even OS dependent. Linux used that too...

DrawXPButton is a draw utility function capable of drawing several different parts of widgets with XP-ish look, including buttons that look like XP luna buttons.

In current dev version, it is kept more or less for backward compatibility reasons, as all widget part drawing is now domain of chameleon (which can use different ways to do the job, including using XP theming API).

Mirek

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2006 22:22]

Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4730 is a reply to message #4722] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
jadeite, btw, what is the reason for 605 and not the latest r20?
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4731 is a reply to message #4730] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
605 is official release.

r20 is latest development. Supposedly not so stable (but in fact, I am using dev for production software all the time Wink

Mirek
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4732 is a reply to message #4731] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 21:48

605 is official release.

r20 is latest development. Supposedly not so stable (but in fact, I am using dev for production software all the time Wink

Mirek

that's what I had in mind... Smile What is not stable in U++? Smile Ok, the only thing what was not stable - uppweb... Wink Laughing
Otherwise, no problems and inspiring improvements.
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4733 is a reply to message #4732] Sun, 20 August 2006 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 16:56

luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 21:48

605 is official release.

Mirek

that's what I had in mind... Smile What is not stable in U++? Smile Ok, the only thing what was not stable - uppweb... Wink Laughing
Otherwise, no problems and inspiring improvements.

One of problems (and reason why we cannot release is as "stable" now) is missing new Image designer...

Current one occasionally crashes. OTOH, we will need completely new one to support alpha channel anyway, so I see little reason to fix it...

Mirek
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4738 is a reply to message #4733] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 21:58

One of problems (and reason why we cannot release is as "stable" now) is missing new Image designer...

Current one occasionally crashes. OTOH, we will need completely new one to support alpha channel anyway, so I see little reason to fix it...

Mirek

I've noticed that. But it's quite rare and it doesn't "overweights" all other goodies... Btw, layout designer sometimes switches to text only mode and refuses to display layout. My trick then is to delete that file, remove includes, recompile and add again. Quite annoying but rare.
Just guessing - same origins by chance? configs, serialization, factories?
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4739 is a reply to message #4738] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 17:19

luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 21:58

Mirek

I've noticed that. But it's quite rare and it doesn't "overweights" all other goodies... Btw, layout designer sometimes switches to text only mode and refuses to display layout. My trick then is to delete that file, remove includes, recompile and add again. Quite annoying but rare.
Just guessing - same origins by chance? configs, serialization, factories?

This happens during debugging (because, in the end, it is regular C++ source and stepping through graphical layout is hard to do Smile

You should be able to switch it back using "Edit using designer" when out of debug mode.

Mirek
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4740 is a reply to message #4730] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 16:47

jadeite, btw, what is the reason for 605 and not the latest r20?

Because I have 605; I don't have latest dev release. I think I need to use uvs2(?) for latest dev version, right? I don't have the instructions for using that at hand (Mirek gave them to me a long time ago, but I'm not sure where I put them).

Edit. Oh, I just noticed in other thread I can use svn. I will do that to get latest sources.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2006 23:37]

Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4741 is a reply to message #4740] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Nope, Daniel releases full U++ dev complete with installer each week (more or less) (13MB download).

(One of reason is that this way, we can check early everything, including installation package creating process and installation itself. We have now nice GUI program that takes U++ sources and uploads (after 20 minutes of compiling, zipping etc) installation .exe to sf.net Wink

Means, you have to wait at most 7 days for fixes Smile

Mirek
Re: Finding DrawXPButton [message #4743 is a reply to message #4741] Sun, 20 August 2006 23:49 Go to previous message
luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 17:41

Nope, Daniel releases full U++ dev complete with installer each week (more or less) (13MB download).

(One of reason is that this way, we can check early everything, including installation package creating process and installation itself. We have now nice GUI program that takes U++ sources and uploads (after 20 minutes of compiling, zipping etc) installation .exe to sf.net Wink

Means, you have to wait at most 7 days for fixes Smile

Mirek

Oh, so many options. uvs2, svn, SF installers. Weekly installers are nice. You can really keep your download stats high that way.

TortoiseSVN is streaming away as I right, so I'll go with that for now.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2006 23:51]

Previous Topic: Incomplete TopWindow Documentation
Next Topic: PATCH: Improve quick comment/uncomment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:16:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02191 seconds