Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » CJK support
CJK support [message #4861] Wed, 23 August 2006 17:03 Go to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Wed, 23 August 2006 06:08

P.S.: Looking at the image you posted

- looks like U++ is able to support chinesse in the end Smile

- you are using 605 version ("stable"). There are many improvements in current "dev" version, maybe you could try it in parallel.

Mirek

yes,as you have seen,display chinese is ok with setting:"SetDefaultCharset(CHARSET_UTF8);"
TheIDE do has some thing not compatible with Chinese,include file choser and following attatch:
  • Attachment: chn.PNG
    (Size: 18.20KB, Downloaded 2056 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 23 August 2006 17:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4865 is a reply to message #4861] Wed, 23 August 2006 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
As for problems with chinesse glyphs in TheIDE - well, what is the situation with "monospace" fonts for glyphs?

TheIDE's LineEdit expecpects characters to be monospace and fit within monospace "cells".

Alternatively, perhaps you could post me some text in utf-8 chinesse and perhaps the font you are using for it. (I know nothing about chinesse and I do not in fact have any method how to try to enter chinesse glyphs in TheIDE Smile

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4878 is a reply to message #4865] Thu, 24 August 2006 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Wed, 23 August 2006 13:52

As for problems with chinesse glyphs in TheIDE - well, what is the situation with "monospace" fonts for glyphs?

TheIDE's LineEdit expecpects characters to be monospace and fit within monospace "cells".

Alternatively, perhaps you could post me some text in utf-8 chinesse and perhaps the font you are using for it. (I know nothing about chinesse and I do not in fact have any method how to try to enter chinesse glyphs in TheIDE Smile

Mirek

well,in SQLite3,the default encoding is also UTF8,so if we have Chinese in the opening file path,we will fall to open the database,it says:"can't find the database file".that is same for U++,normally we use GB3212 or GBK encoding(same). there some code shows how to pefer the converting.

btw:one Chinese charater need two byte space
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4879 is a reply to message #4878] Thu, 24 August 2006 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
Edit String can support Chinese input index.php?t=getfile&id=233&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 02:42] by Moderator

Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4885 is a reply to message #4878] Thu, 24 August 2006 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Do I understand well that GBK is the encoding of your filesystem in the "ASCII" mode?

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4886 is a reply to message #4885] Thu, 24 August 2006 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Wed, 23 August 2006 23:52

Do I understand well that GBK is the encoding of your filesystem in the "ASCII" mode?

Mirek

yes,you get it,multibye with 8th bit of some byte set to 1,
btw,where can I down the GridCtrl?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 August 2006 06:17] by Moderator

Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4904 is a reply to message #4886] Thu, 24 August 2006 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I was investigating a little...

Seems like GBK is extension to GB2312 and it is code page 936 in Win... Right?

Is there some _simple_ way how to perform conversion without using Win32 API (because of linux...)? I do not like the idea adding big conversion table... Alternatively, is there some way how to do that in Linux?

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4905 is a reply to message #4865] Thu, 24 August 2006 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
I have found this info:

Quote:

What Big5 encodes are particular graphical representations of characters or part of characters that happen to fit in the space taken by two monospaced ASCII characters.

Does it mean that "monospaced" glyphs in chinesse occupy two character cells?

That would be hell to implement in TheIDE Wink Perhaps I will have to find some alternate method (smaller font for chinesse chars perhaps, to fit into cell).

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4918 is a reply to message #4905] Fri, 25 August 2006 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Thu, 24 August 2006 12:57

I have found this info:

Quote:

What Big5 encodes are particular graphical representations of characters or part of characters that happen to fit in the space taken by two monospaced ASCII characters.

Does it mean that "monospaced" glyphs in chinesse occupy two character cells?

That would be hell to implement in TheIDE Wink Perhaps I will have to find some alternate method (smaller font for chinesse chars perhaps, to fit into cell).

Mirek

That's right,BIG5,GB2312,GBK,maybe Japanese and Korea are in the same situation.I don't think it's a hell,you know,stringEdit can display input Chinese correctlly,that means,U++ have the potential ability to deal with the East character. smaller font will make it look strange.
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4921 is a reply to message #4918] Fri, 25 August 2006 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, the trouble is that LineEdit expects strictly monospaced font - all characters having the same width. All the code around LineEdit is based on this axiom...

Sure, for proportional editors, this is little problem.

Anyway, please send me some small UTF-8 encoded file with chinesse glyphs to play with...

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4928 is a reply to message #4921] Fri, 25 August 2006 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Fri, 25 August 2006 02:43

Anyway, please send me some small UTF-8 encoded file with chinesse glyphs to play with...

Mirek

OK,I don't know if this right what you want,I copy some chinese character to notpad save as UTF-8.
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4949 is a reply to message #4928] Sun, 27 August 2006 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks, that is exactly I need Smile

BTW, what is the unicode range for those "double-mono" spaced characters? (In other words, range for chinesse glyphs..)

Another question: Is GBK needed in Linux too? Or they are wisely UTF-8 now?

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4968 is a reply to message #4949] Mon, 28 August 2006 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Sun, 27 August 2006 14:15

Thanks, that is exactly I need Smile

BTW, what is the unicode range for those "double-mono" spaced characters? (In other words, range for chinesse glyphs..)

Another question: Is GBK needed in Linux too? Or they are wisely UTF-8 now?

Mirek

Sorry,I don't know it so detail,but maybe this can help:
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U4E00.pdf
http://www.unicode.org/charts/
http://www.unicode.org/charts/unihan.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fontmanager
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cce2k

normally,youcan deal with CJK at the same way
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4969 is a reply to message #4968] Mon, 28 August 2006 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Another interesting aspect - it looks like ideograms are in fact "monospaced" - is this observation correct? Or most of them?

That would be great as I could save a lot of memory for character width storage Smile

Mirek
Re: Where can I store 32 bit data [message #4970 is a reply to message #4969] Mon, 28 August 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Mon, 28 August 2006 10:15

Another interesting aspect - it looks like ideograms are in fact "monospaced" - is this observation correct? Or most of them?

That would be great as I could save a lot of memory for character width storage Smile

Mirek

yes,this is correct,for for CJK,using serveral bytes(normally 2)to index the ideograms,the ideograms is monospaced.such as 16*16 etc.index.php?t=getfile&id=236&private=0
this is the comparation of English character and Chinese charater when set as "宋体" at same size.
  • Attachment: songti.PNG
    (Size: 0.36KB, Downloaded 2846 times)
One more on FontSelect [message #5026 is a reply to message #4970] Thu, 31 August 2006 02:32 Go to previous message
unknown user
FontSelector can't display the font name in Chinese:
index.php?t=getfile&id=241&private=0
that fix should be easy by Mirek Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 31 August 2006 02:58] by Moderator

Previous Topic: misalligned special characters
Next Topic: thousand separator problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:04:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01517 seconds