Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » A few suggestions
A few suggestions [message #511] Fri, 06 January 2006 12:44 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Fudamin could you add 'yesterday messages' button? I've found today messages very useful but very often I just need to check if anything was written yesterday. Or add a combo with items '
show messages 1 day old', '2 days old' and so on...

BTW: In user mode tables are still no resized to the full window width (when user is not logged in they are, but with this ugly colors..)
Re: A few suggestions [message #512 is a reply to message #511] Fri, 06 January 2006 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
unodgs wrote on Fri, 06 January 2006 06:44

Fudamin could you add 'yesterday messages' button? I've found today messages very useful but very often I just need to check if anything was written yesterday. Or add a combo with items '
show messages 1 day old', '2 days old' and so on...

use Message Navigator. You can have messages from any interval.

Quote:

BTW: In user mode tables are still no resized to the full window width (when user is not logged in they are, but with this ugly colors..)

Colors is a question of taste Smile - that's why I've made a choice of Themes in User CP->Settings .

Do you mean the resizing doesn't work in that ugly gray mode? Smile
BTW, which browser do you use?

Re: A few suggestions [message #514 is a reply to message #512] Fri, 06 January 2006 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

>use Message Navigator. You can have messages from any interval.

Thanks! (but having direct access to the button would be nice..)

>Colors is a question of taste

Sure, but I think that the colors used in non personalized layout are out of 'most people' taste.

>Do you mean the resizing doesn't work in that ugly gray mode?
No, tables are 100% width of screen width. In my own mode they aren't

>BTW, which browser do you use?
Opera 9.0 TP1
Re: A few suggestions [message #515 is a reply to message #511] Fri, 06 January 2006 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
can you check the table size now?
Re: A few suggestions [message #516 is a reply to message #515] Fri, 06 January 2006 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

yes. thank you!
Re: A few suggestions [message #517 is a reply to message #511] Fri, 06 January 2006 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Regarding "nice look". On my firefox I have much more elegant look than MS Internet Explorer because of fonts and borders. I guess the same problems exist in Opera. But I think in Opera you can easily have automatic login as in Firefox? Smile

Regarding extra buttons or drop down menus. For the time beeing you should bear as it is...
Re: A few suggestions [message #520 is a reply to message #517] Sat, 07 January 2006 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I would still be happier to have that simple default FUD look as default, not to scare newcomers.

Well, "arius" look made huge step ahead recently and is now a good alternative. But I can imagine some newcomers can be still scared a little bit by it:)

I have even changed "default to default" silently (I the hope you just forgot to do so), but obviously you have noticed and changed it back Smile

Mirek

P.S.: I am using firefox.. Smile
Re: A few suggestions [message #523 is a reply to message #520] Sat, 07 January 2006 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
When you switched that grey look new users registration figures dropped!
I noticed that and switched the look back and they started growing again.
And all people, which I know and showed the design, support it.
Also, I placed a link in fudforum creators website as design example and we are getting clicks from there. So, I don't want to force them to register to see the design.

BTW, my suggestion is to start topics with clearly defined problems.
Re: A few suggestions [message #525 is a reply to message #523] Sat, 07 January 2006 14:33 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

Fudadmin could you also align 'harnesing the real power of c++' to the right?. And please get the blue gradient of the logo back in default look mode (I have default set in my prefrences page)

BTW: If the white layout is the default layout why the default forum look for unregistered users is in those strange (green and brown) colors?

BTW2: Message navigator is non intuitive imho. What is the meaning of 'newer than'?. I think this should be rearranged to:

Messages from date_combo to date_combo Go

Messages from last numer_combo days Go
Previous Topic: email notifications not working?
Next Topic: Too many groups
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:20:19 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01301 seconds