Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Too many groups
Too many groups [message #526] Sat, 07 January 2006 14:42 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Hi!

I think this forum is over-complicated. I mean too many groups were created.

My proposition is:

1 Various polls, Coffee corner, Don't like?..., Thank you for ... should be merged into one.

2.U++ and Win32 and U++ and POSIX should be removed

3. In General programming POSIX and X11 should be combined into one and named UNIX

4. Forum Functionality and Design is splited into 4 subcategories. I think there should be just 'Forum Functionality and Design'

What do you think?
Re: Too many groups [message #528 is a reply to message #526] Sat, 07 January 2006 17:07 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
unodgs wrote on Sat, 07 January 2006 08:42

Hi!

I think this forum is over-complicated. I mean too many groups were created.

My proposition is:

1 Various polls, Coffee corner, Don't like?..., Thank you for ... should be merged into one.

2.U++ and Win32 and U++ and POSIX should be removed

3. In General programming POSIX and X11 should be combined into one and named UNIX

4. Forum Functionality and Design is splited into 4 subcategories. I think there should be just 'Forum Functionality and Design'

What do you think?

Yes, I agree with most of your mentioned points and I was thinking about it, too.
So:
1. I've deleted Various polls- they can be entered in any topic and shown with "Show polls".
I've merged Thank you and Don't like but left Coffee corner to have a place for general, social etc. chat.

2,3 Check how is it now?

4. I've left 2 subcategories here because I need a separate "technical" subcategory to catch attention in those cases.

Opinions?
Previous Topic: A few suggestions
Next Topic: demos & references group?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:18:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01011 seconds