Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » Display problem with LineEdit after change font
Display problem with LineEdit after change font [message #6756] Sun, 26 November 2006 11:26 Go to next message
zaurus is currently offline  zaurus
Hi!

I encounter some problem if I use SetFont for a LineEdit control. The display of the content seems to use wrong character spacing then and looks very odd.

I created an example and attach it, as well as a screenshot to see the odd display.

This happens on Win2K with U++ 610-dev2.

Maybe a problem in the Paint method of LineEdit. I had a look there, but don't really understand what is going on.

Zaurus
Re: Display problem with LineEdit after change font [message #6779 is a reply to message #6756] Mon, 27 November 2006 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry - LineEdit supports monospaced fonts only (well, recently it supports double-spaced to support CJK, but that is it).

Maybe you should use DocEdit instead?

Mirek
Re: Display problem with LineEdit after change font [message #6782 is a reply to message #6756] Mon, 27 November 2006 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Monospace is fine for me. I only need to reduce the font size for my application. Is 'Courier' monospaced font, or which is best to use?

Thanks for the very fast answers

Zaurus
Re: Display problem with LineEdit after change font [message #6785 is a reply to message #6782] Mon, 27 November 2006 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
zaurus wrote on Sun, 26 November 2006 21:58

Monospace is fine for me. I only need to reduce the font size for my application. Is 'Courier' monospaced font, or which is best to use?

Thanks for the very fast answers

Zaurus

Yes, Courier is monospaced by definition.

Mirek
Re: Display problem with LineEdit after change font [message #6786 is a reply to message #6785] Mon, 27 November 2006 12:54 Go to previous message
Hi Mirek!

Thanks. Courier works fine. I thought StdFont is Courier, but it's not. Otherwise would have tried Courier earlier.

Thanks again

Zaurus
Previous Topic: Bug in "EditField derived classes" documentation
Next Topic: EditInt and crash of the program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:59:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02176 seconds