Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » some drawing problems in X11
some drawing problems in X11 [message #6998] Wed, 06 December 2006 23:16 Go to next message
evert is currently offline  evert
Promising Member
Hi,

I have created a small ataxx (virus) game in U++ as part of my programming course at the university. The code is ugly, I'm a beginner, the comments are in Dutch, but it works, at least in Win32. In X11 I have to disable a few things like auto-resizing the window.

Some code snippets that causes problems:

w.DrawEllipse(startx, starty, virusgrootte/2, virusgrootte/2, Yellow());

(it seems like DrawEllipse does not like the divisions - Win32 does not complain though)

centrumpunt = GetWorkArea().CenterPoint();
centreerx = centrumpunt.x-(int)(.5*raambreedte);
centreery = centrumpunt.y-(int)(.5*raamhoogte);
SetRect(centreerx, centreery, raambreedte, raamhoogte);

(something goes wrong with GetWorkArea().CenterPoint(); or with SetRect, not sure which is causing the problem)

I'm working with upp_0.612.1-1_i386.deb

(in windows, i work with the 605 release, works splendid)

Just to let you know there errors ocurred. I've to show my work tomorrow so I will not care much myself about these problems - I just show the win32 version and my teacher will be happy.

Thanks for U++ !!
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #6999 is a reply to message #6998] Wed, 06 December 2006 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Do you think you could post the whole package as testcase?

Mirek
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7011 is a reply to message #6999] Thu, 07 December 2006 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Sure. Unzip to MyApps and it's ready to compile.

But the code quality is below standards, and comments are in Dutch...
  • Attachment: ataxx.zip
    (Size: 9.71KB, Downloaded 1941 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 07 December 2006 13:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7012 is a reply to message #7011] Thu, 07 December 2006 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Ooops. By mistake, you placed the .lay file into other directory ("Open any file.."), so it did not get zipped.

Please send it:)

Mirek
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7013 is a reply to message #6998] Thu, 07 December 2006 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
bordselectie.lay is in the zip file

there is no other .lay file, the topwindows is made without a layout file with void MyAppWindow::Paint(Draw& w)
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7028 is a reply to message #7011] Fri, 08 December 2006 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei-catalin is currently offline  andrei-catalin
Hi!

After some modifications I succeded to run your app.

The main problem is placing SetRect method in Paint routine.

A hint is to separe this method as a individual method.

Andrei
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7029 is a reply to message #7028] Fri, 08 December 2006 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
@ luzr, andrei-catalin:

Thanks a lot. I would never have figured that out. I will try and recompile it in Ubuntu this weekend and let you know about it.
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7055 is a reply to message #6998] Sun, 10 December 2006 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Have tried it. Compiles OK, and no crash during runtime any more. But resizing is still a problem. How to programatically Resize the app window at runtime? In win32, the SetRect method does a fine job, but in X11, it only works when the window is first initialized. Using a SetRect (oudside of the Paint method) in X11 results in a windows with zero width and height.

I have tried things like GuiFlush(), Restore() and Layout() after the SetRect but the problem persists.

Actually I don't need it anymore (got a nice mark for my little program) but I feel like resizing windows should work in X11 if it works in win32.

Ubuntu 6.10
U++ 612-dev1

Regards, Evert
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7060 is a reply to message #7055] Sun, 10 December 2006 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could try my version (tested only in win32). Perhaps it will work in X11, too.

Good luck,
Andrei
  • Attachment: ataxx.zip
    (Size: 9.81KB, Downloaded 448 times)
Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7061 is a reply to message #6998] Sun, 10 December 2006 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Your version didn't compile at first (you commented out a few files) but after fixing that, it did compile fine. I should have made a Makefile, probably, and fix the modulatity.

The problem in your version is solved - programatically rezising the window now works Razz I'm still figuring out how you did it. Is it in this part of the code? Does one need a Backpaint() to resize a window at runtime?

GUI_APP_MAIN {
	MyAppWindow ataxx;
	ataxx.BackPaint();
	ataxx.Run();
}

Re: some drawing problems in X11 [message #7062 is a reply to message #7061] Sun, 10 December 2006 22:23 Go to previous message
Major changes are in main.cpp lines 156-170 and 500-514.

BackPaint is only for eliminate flickering.

Andrei

[Updated on: Sun, 10 December 2006 22:25]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: freebsd fluxbox theide
Next Topic: Why glibc-2.4 and not glibc-2.3 is needed for U++ on Linux?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:14:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02313 seconds