Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » progress bar not chameleonized
progress bar not chameleonized [message #7760] Fri, 19 January 2007 23:43 Go to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
I'd just like to report that progress bar is not cameleonized on my system.
It looks like winXP progress bar.

Matthias

931b81e7ea53320dccc37375b34b38c3
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #7762 is a reply to message #7760] Sat, 20 January 2007 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes, these are elements not chameleonized yet:

- HeaderCtrl
- ProgressBar
- ComboBox
- Menu (complete)
- SliderCtrl

This will be improving gradually (fighting GTK is time consuming issue...)

Mirek
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11473 is a reply to message #7762] Fri, 14 September 2007 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piratalp is currently offline  piratalp
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Fri, 19 January 2007 20:18

- HeaderCtrl
- ProgressBar
- ComboBox
- Menu (complete)
- SliderCtrl

Mirek

This info is outdated, Header, Progress & Combo are already chameleonized, Menu style.. I think it's just borning, having only item & topitem values for selected items is like having nothing.., they should support the 4 states plus one style for "separators" and a 4 state value for checks also, it also lacks a value for menu background, another for topbar background (so we can be render things like horizontal gradients present in .NET 2.0 & Office 2003), and a "lateral" value rendered on top of menu background (the area where the icons are painted), this should conclude Menu theming, SliderCtrl I don't know ATM..

Regards
Mauricio
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11474 is a reply to message #7760] Fri, 14 September 2007 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Also, ToolBar style has a look[6] which does not belong for toolbars at all, it is used for buttons rendered inside, and it lacks the toolbar style itself, so we can render a chameleonized toolbar too (its background!), BTW what are look[4] & look[5] uses?

Regards
Mauricio
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11477 is a reply to message #11473] Sat, 15 September 2007 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
piratalp wrote on Fri, 14 September 2007 13:52

luzr wrote on Fri, 19 January 2007 20:18

- HeaderCtrl
- ProgressBar
- ComboBox
- Menu (complete)
- SliderCtrl

Mirek

This info is outdated,

Not really, it was addressing X11/GTK support.

Mirek
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11478 is a reply to message #11474] Sat, 15 September 2007 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
piratalp wrote on Fri, 14 September 2007 13:58

Also, ToolBar style has a look[6] which does not belong for toolbars at all, it is used for buttons rendered inside, and it lacks the toolbar style itself, so we can render a chameleonized toolbar too (its background!), BTW what are look[4] & look[5] uses?

Regards
Mauricio

ToolBar chameleon is not quite finished; feel free to improve on it.

Anyway, I think that style of buttons rendered belongs right to ToolBar, because it is ToolBar who creates the buttons. (But I might be wrong too; I think that the proof of concept here is to provide the Office toolbar implementation that would be capable of displaying normal XP toolbar too).

Mirek
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11563 is a reply to message #11478] Mon, 17 September 2007 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Sat, 15 September 2007 05:12

piratalp wrote on Fri, 14 September 2007 13:58

Regards
Mauricio

ToolBar chameleon is not quite finished; feel free to improve on it.

Anyway, I think that style of buttons rendered belongs right to ToolBar, because it is ToolBar who creates the buttons. (But I might be wrong too; I think that the proof of concept here is to provide the Office toolbar implementation that would be capable of displaying normal XP toolbar too).

Mirek

Exactly, that's why I told we need look for toolbar background also (-Value background- maybe?), OTOH you left my question about look[4] & look[5] unanswered.. what are they for?
Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11567 is a reply to message #11563] Mon, 17 September 2007 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Exactly, that's why I told we need look for toolbar background also (-Value background- maybe?)

Obviously it has to be Value background Wink

Quote:

, OTOH you left my question about look[4] & look[5] unanswered.. what are they for?

Sorry. It is checked button and highlighted checked button (.Check method).

Note: to find out what specific elements are for (until somebody writes some docs Smile, it is usually good to look what default values they are assigned and then look them out in Ctrls.iml file.

BTW, I also think that perspectively we should be able to deal with animations. I had some ideas how to make it work, but unfortunately none of them was really clever (just for the record, I consider current Chameleon system quite smart Wink.

Any ideas are welcome there...

Mirek

[Updated on: Mon, 17 September 2007 22:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: progress bar not chameleonized [message #11625 is a reply to message #11567] Wed, 19 September 2007 19:51 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly, that's why I told we need look for toolbar background also (-Value background- maybe?)

Obviously it has to be Value background Wink

Ok, good to agree Smile

Quote:

Quote:

, OTOH you left my question about look[4] & look[5] unanswered.. what are they for?

Sorry. It is checked button and highlighted checked button (.Check method).

I figured it out yesterday when I opened theide help and saw Highlight search keywords button with ribbon skin (I assigned Green & Red combinations to them so they catch my eyes when appear..) Thanks anyway!

Quote:

BTW, I also think that perspectively we should be able to deal with animations. I had some ideas how to make it work, but unfortunately none of them was really clever (just for the record, I consider current Chameleon system quite smart Wink.

Any ideas are welcome there...

I completely agree, but it will need more than one headache and a bit of coding... and yes, it is really smart Wink

Regards
Previous Topic: Chameleon problems
Next Topic: Office Ribbon skin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:20:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01470 seconds