Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » uldar
uldar [message #9030] Fri, 13 April 2007 12:05 Go to next message
[krishna] is currently offline  [krishna]
Hi all!,

I have trouble using ar.exe that comes bundled with the U++-mingw32 windoze installer. None of the options are working. I tried ar -cr to build the archive and it failed. I also tried ar -x and extraction failed too.

Are these tools (ar and ld) maintained? Also, the ld.exe contained in the uldar package at the sourceforge download area is older than what is present in the installer.

ld.exe is faster than mingw32-ld.exe though.

Cheers,
-Krishna
PS: I'm a newbie to both this forum and U++.
Re: uldar [message #9032 is a reply to message #9030] Fri, 13 April 2007 12:25 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
[krishna

wrote on Fri, 13 April 2007 06:05]Hi all!,

I have trouble using ar.exe that comes bundled with the U++-mingw32 windoze installer. None of the options are working. I tried ar -cr to build the archive and it failed. I also tried ar -x and extraction failed too.

Most likely these options are not implemented. Tom had only the time and energy to get things required for U++ build process working.

Quote:

Are these tools (ar and ld) maintained?

Bugs are fixed, but frankly, no change was done in last year or so. Anyway, sources come with U++, so perhaps you can consider patching Smile

In fact, now when Windows SDK can be had for free, there is a little motion right now to improve Mingw related stuff...

Quote:

PS: I'm a newbie to both this forum and U++.

Welcome!

Mirek
Previous Topic: A few things to fix in 2007.rc3
Next Topic: Code Formating utility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 17:06:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02715 seconds