Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » how to clear <temp-aux>
how to clear <temp-aux> [message #9361] Wed, 02 May 2007 11:58 Go to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Every once and awhile theIDE debugger gets weird and will pop up files in <temp-aux> instead of the source. When I do not notice this and set a break-point in these files, the debugger ignores it (because they are set in the wrong source file), and continues marching along. Neither clearing uppout nor closing down theIDE clears it. So that leads me to the question:

How does one clear <temp-aux>

EBo --

ps: running upp-2007.1 (with some additional posted patches) on Gentoo Linux
Re: how to clear <temp-aux> [message #9399 is a reply to message #9361] Sat, 05 May 2007 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, I have noticed it too - a bug to hunt down...

Problem is reproducing it...

Mirek
Re: how to clear <temp-aux> [message #9824 is a reply to message #9399] Fri, 01 June 2007 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steffen is currently offline  steffen

I don't know if this has already been take care of, but I think I found a way to reproduce this...

I'm at my ubuntu workstation today and here my source projects are located on a different partition, which is mounted in /media/sda3.
In older times (fedora core 5) I had it all in a data folder under my homedir: /home/sb/data.
Since I switched to ubuntu I simply made a symlink from /home/sb/data to /media/sda3, this works for most other stuff.
Now when debugging in U++ I set a breakpoint in a file, under /home/sb/data/projects/ultimate..., but when execution stops a new file is opened which is listed under <temp-aux>, now this file is opened from /media/sda3/projects/ultimate..., and I can't see my breakpoints in this new file, only the original one, but execution stops anyway.

The solution for me, was to just mount another instance directly under /home/sb/data instead of using a symlink.

Steffen
Re: how to clear <temp-aux> [message #9825 is a reply to message #9824] Fri, 01 June 2007 11:05 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am afraid this is more likely related to how gdb is reporting the file...
Previous Topic: Associate with *.c files
Next Topic: Windows 98 install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:52:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01150 seconds