Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How to display html-files
How to display html-files [message #9589] Fri, 18 May 2007 13:08 Go to next message
michael is currently offline  michael
Experienced Member
Is there a web widget for displaying a html-file? If no, what do you use for displaying a html-file?

Michael
Re: How to display html-files [message #9599 is a reply to message #9589] Sat, 19 May 2007 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No, sorry, this one is missing (until somebody implements it).

Mirek
Re: How to display html-files [message #15594 is a reply to message #9589] Wed, 30 April 2008 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cdoty is currently offline  cdoty
Promising Member

michael wrote on Fri, 18 May 2007 06:08

Is there a web widget for displaying a html-file? If no, what do you use for displaying a html-file?

HTMLayout (http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/) works under U++, using a DHCtrl as the base object. I think it's Windows only, though. The only issue I had is using it as a Tab. You have to manually turn on and off rendering, as the tab is selected/unselected. This is done by not calling HTMLayoutProcND in the windows message proc. And, during the OPEN state, you have to block every message except WM_CREATE, or it will overwrite the active tab.

The only issue I had was the creation of a scroll bar that wouldn't go away, or respond to mouse clicks or moves. I even attempted to redirect mouse message to the control, but it didn't work.

a3e77f341aa1d91d0388a0c8b786e8b5
Re: How to display html-files [message #15615 is a reply to message #9589] Thu, 01 May 2008 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emr84 is currently offline  emr84
Promising Member
Maybe creating a plugin from gecko? (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/)

[Updated on: Thu, 01 May 2008 01:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to display html-files [message #15779 is a reply to message #15615] Wed, 07 May 2008 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
webkit.org

Mirek
Re: How to display html-files [message #15813 is a reply to message #15779] Thu, 08 May 2008 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
luzr wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 20:34

webkit.org

It looks like a lot of work, I believe you would have to port most/all of these files to Upp. Then there is the issue of maintaining it with current WebKit version. The Qt version is based on a 6 month old fork for instance and they have considerable resources.

Gecko may actually be easier to create a loose/lightweight wrapper for (if you can get your head around their XPCOM interface) as I believe the rendering is done internally, especially if you can keep most of the source precompiled into a .lib/.dll.

It's quite possible I'm entirely wrong about this though - I'm certainly not an expert - but I thought I'd share what I knew.
Re: How to display html-files [message #15814 is a reply to message #15813] Thu, 08 May 2008 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

mrjt wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 04:35

luzr wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 20:34

webkit.org

It looks like a lot of work, I believe you would have to port most/all of these files to Upp. Then there is the issue of maintaining it with current WebKit version. The Qt version is based on a 6 month old fork for instance and they have considerable resources.

Gecko may actually be easier to create a loose/lightweight wrapper for (if you can get your head around their XPCOM interface) as I believe the rendering is done internally, especially if you can keep most of the source precompiled into a .lib/.dll.

It's quite possible I'm entirely wrong about this though - I'm certainly not an expert - but I thought I'd share what I knew.

Qt guys already have synced the newest webkit which will be available in qt 4.5. I think webkit is better as it seems to be more lightweight and developed much quicker than gecko. Probably cost of first port is quite big, but cost of maintaing it should be a way smaller. Anyway if I had free time I would port it Smile Unfotunately there are many things in a queue to be done first (new version of gridctrl, documentation for it, I have some ideas for quicktabs, then I would like to port them to our 2 docking systems (I guess it's time to choose one), I'd like to also fix code assist and file window font height problem, create upp demo application and so on Smile )

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:27]

Re: How to display html-files [message #15817 is a reply to message #15814] Thu, 08 May 2008 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
unodgs wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 11:07

Qt guys already have synced the newest webkit which will be available in qt 4.5. I think webkit is better as it seems to be more lightweight and developed much quicker than gecko. Probably cost of first port is quite big, but cost of maintaing it should be a way smaller. Anyway if I had free time I would port it Smile

I might have a look at it myself, I need a project Smile. No primises though, as you say it's quite a lot of work. Or we could try and get some sort of group effort going.
Re: How to display html-files [message #22451 is a reply to message #9589] Thu, 16 July 2009 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sc0rch is currently offline  Sc0rch

I'm not professional programmer, so I'm sorry for my stupid questions (and for my English). Can somebody help me with advice or code-snippet how to create a HTMLayout control using DHCtrl? I'm getting many errors, probably I haven't modified GLCtrl correctly.

Best regards,
Anton
Re: How to display html-files [message #22457 is a reply to message #22451] Fri, 17 July 2009 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
That package isn't enough for me to help you, even after downloading the SDK there are missing dependancies, include files etc. It would take me quite a while to set everything up to compile it.

What errors are you getting?
Re: How to display html-files [message #22465 is a reply to message #9589] Fri, 17 July 2009 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Stupid errors, I fixed them. But application crashes now =) too tired for analyzing and also I have another work.

to mrjt: thank you, James, you always try to help. At least I'm trying to convert sample win32-application (HTMLayout sample) to DHCtrl, as you see. But I've not realized:
1) how to get HINSTANCE in DHCtrl or Upp?
2) how to deal with resources... just include "resource.h" files? Probably, application crashes because I'm not loading resources using GetHTMLResources (as in sample). But to use this function I need to get HINSTANCE variable.

P.S. HTMLayout is amazing, but there are htmls in my collection which it can't render fast (or even normal). But if someone can help with layout, it will be great to see and hear. I think, this topic very actual.

P.P.S. I've attached the my code (I'm sorry, it's quick and dirty, =( ) and original sample, if it can be useful.

Best regards,
Anton
  • Attachment: HTMLayout.rar
    (Size: 22.60KB, Downloaded 314 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 17 July 2009 14:55]

Re: How to display html-files [message #22466 is a reply to message #9589] Fri, 17 July 2009 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok, I have found AppGetHandle() function (maybe, GetAppHandle() will look better, what do you think?), and now application not crashes.

Added: yes, I receive rendering.

Added: rendering layout ignores mouse, what I've foggot?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 July 2009 15:44]

Re: How to display html-files [message #25418 is a reply to message #22466] Mon, 22 February 2010 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scorpionfirevn is currently offline  scorpionfirevn
Promising Member

Quote:

Added: rendering layout ignores mouse, what I've foggot?

Hi, i want to write a wrapper class for HTMLayout(or MSHTML) and i have the same problem. And i find out that the override function WindowProc of DHCtrl dont catch messages from keyboard and mouse, then the function HTMLayoutProcND(in HTMLayout) dont receive any message to be able to handle like focus on the textbox, selecting text...
You can pass this problem with the implementing of MouseEvent in this control and call function HTMLayoutProcND with parameters which you must convert from MouseEvent parameters. Make the same with keyboard events. Right now my HTMLayout ctrl works but does not finish.

I think InstallMouseHook and InstallKeyboardHook work too. But i am not sure that is there a way to catch all events from override function WindowProc, that is better way.
  • Attachment: HTMLayout.png
    (Size: 28.64KB, Downloaded 333 times)
Re: How to display html-files [message #25508 is a reply to message #25418] Fri, 26 February 2010 15:23 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Interesting.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Additon to SliderCtrl: Jump
Next Topic: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:38:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01381 seconds