Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » DocEdit, intersection between text displayed and display area
DocEdit, intersection between text displayed and display area [message #11326] Wed, 05 September 2007 16:16 Go to next message
Humperdinck is currently offline  Humperdinck
Dear Forum,

It's great to play around with u++, very promising!

Just for fun I am trying to make a textfile show itself in two DocEdits like two pages in a book. The text starts in the left DocEdit and should 'link' or 'flow' from the end of that DocEdit to the beginning of the next DocEdit.

I can load a file into a DocEdit like this:

String buffer = LoadFile(filename);
txtPageLeft.SetData(buffer);

But how do I 'link' the textfile into the next DocEdit? How do I find the intersections between the text displayed and the corners of the DocEdit widget?

I am sorry if this question seems trivial, I have just begun using u++ and I am still 'fumbling' around looking for clues and answers.

/Humperdinck
Re: DocEdit, intersection between text displayed and display area [message #11330 is a reply to message #11326] Wed, 05 September 2007 21:43 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hm, such thing is not as trivial as it might seem and it is not supported by DocEdit.

You would have to create a new widget for this.

Mirek
Previous Topic: EditInt and EditDouble [FEATURE REQUEST]
Next Topic: LineEdit and WhenLeftClick
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:05 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01423 seconds