Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » alphabetic ordering [FEATURE REQUEST]
alphabetic ordering [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #13134] Sat, 15 December 2007 16:22 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
I would like to see the option to have alphabetic ordering of files in the left hand panel.

Much more important though would be alphabetic ordering of classes and functions in Assist++. Assist is pretty much useless for large classes without this. Instead I resort to FindInFiles and search for "::MyFunction".

What would really be nice is a tabbed panel with a file view and a class view on the left hand side and the class view to be a TreeCtrl. Yes I know this is making it a lot like VC++ but not everything they do is bad. I much prefer UPP in every way but my project is getting big and on the front page you say that TheIDE is designed to support large projects....

Anyway, its a feature request, please add it to the list Smile

Nick
Re: alphabetic ordering [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #13210 is a reply to message #13134] Fri, 21 December 2007 11:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nixnixnix wrote on Sat, 15 December 2007 10:22

I would like to see the option to have alphabetic ordering of files in the left hand panel.

Much more important though would be alphabetic ordering of classes and functions in Assist++. Assist is pretty much useless for large classes without this. Instead I resort to FindInFiles and search for "::MyFunction".

What would really be nice is a tabbed panel with a file view and a class view on the left hand side and the class view to be a TreeCtrl. Yes I know this is making it a lot like VC++ but not everything they do is bad. I much prefer UPP in every way but my project is getting big and on the front page you say that TheIDE is designed to support large projects....

Anyway, its a feature request, please add it to the list Smile

Nick

Both are ordered based on how programmer sees the best, which is IMO exactly the way it should be.

You can change the order of files in the package. You can add separators. And functions in assist++ are ordered the same way they are ordered in header.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Bug in uvs 2345 devel
Next Topic: what folders structure do you use with version control?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 00:20:39 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01708 seconds