Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602
It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1123] Mon, 20 February 2006 22:39 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 and describing it's strengths.
Mainly: simplicity, productivity, cross-platform, BSD-license, Ide with debugger, layout designer, fast build-technology, etc.
The text should be written (or at least edited) by a native english person.
This press release should be sent to all major open-source sites.

Anybody volunteer?

Alternatively, we could create it her as collaborative effort...

Mirek
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1127 is a reply to message #1123] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
First, we should find a good title, I think.
It should be very enthusiastic or sensational to get attention.
Some conservative "Ultimate++ 602 has been released" title is bad, I think.
You have to know, that upp is absolutely unknown yet.
Some good idea?
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1129 is a reply to message #1127] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, I guess this one is too sensational, but what about something like:

C++ library puts .NET platform to the shame in terms of productivity

?

(On the second view, maybe we should not refer to .NET because of legal issues?).

Mirek
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1130 is a reply to message #1129] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 20 February 2006 23:31

C++ library puts .NET platform to the shame in terms of productivity

Sounds very good Smile. Really Smile
I have a small change:

C++ library puts .NET and Java platform to the shame in terms of productivity

Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1131 is a reply to message #1130] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, maybe it would be smart to start the main text with what many will consider as disadvantage and mention "radically different design" or "breaking the rules" or something like that then...

Mirek
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1132 is a reply to message #1127] Mon, 20 February 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Ultimate++ 602 - a new ferrari for C++: the winner but no attention

"Imagine a situation. After a race everyone's attention is not at the winner but at those finishing a way behind. This is what is happening with Ultimate++. Clear winner in productivity and simplicity to harness not only C++ but a large number of happy customers, Ultimate++ walks home almost unnoticed. In the meantime, some stone age dinosaurs like MFC and their clones eat the rest of the spectators..."

Something like this or more dramatic? Smile
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1134 is a reply to message #1123] Tue, 21 February 2006 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Some sex and violence are missing only Smile

So to be more serious...

We should mention some "fast growing community" and "developed in silence for years" as well, to show, this is a serious thing.
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #1361 is a reply to message #1123] Tue, 28 February 2006 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, as this effort does not seem to advance, I am going for conservative fallback option:

Ultimate++ 602 was released.

Ultimate++ is a radical and innovative C++ platform whose number one priority is programmer productivity. Rapid development is achieved by the smart and aggressive use of C++ rather than through fancy code generators. Major new features of 602 release: new Report package, C++ refactoring and assistance (Assist++) optimized and extended, project organization and building improved.

Mirek
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #2022 is a reply to message #1123] Thu, 30 March 2006 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sephir is currently offline  sephir
Promising Member
What you think about submitting U++ to some of those sites which awards good deployments? U++ is a nice tool and can provide a good competition. Also you could include to your press release the title: "U++ award winner on debut" or something like that.

You get the idea, reaching out popularity by getting awards and trust out of users.

476f34778d96b95d9d79df2162b34874
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #2041 is a reply to message #2022] Thu, 30 March 2006 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
sephir wrote on Wed, 29 March 2006 18:29

What you think about submitting U++ to some of those sites which awards good deployments? U++ is a nice tool and can provide a good competition. Also you could include to your press release the title: "U++ award winner on debut" or something like that.

You get the idea, reaching out popularity by getting awards and trust out of users.

Sorry my english ignorance (what is actually meant by "deployment" here?), but I am not sure I understand. What sites you have on mind?

Mirek
Re: It is needed to write a press release about the release of upp-602 [message #2154 is a reply to message #2041] Sun, 02 April 2006 15:22 Go to previous message
sephir is currently offline  sephir
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Thu, 30 March 2006 16:50

Sorry my english ignorance (what is actually meant by "deployment" here?), but I am not sure I understand. What sites you have on mind?

Mirek

By deployment I meant about new software released, "deployed to public". Since you want to increase user interest in U++ I think it would be interesting and valid this idea of awards.

For instance Firefox, the web browser, got the best internet tool award from PC-Welt/2005.

Unfortunately since I never had any experience in submitting work to public and awards, I can not tell you much about it.
But it is common to find sites/&co. that encourages developers and other initiatives of giving awards to good software.

Good examples are Softpedia and PCworld. They let you to include an image and stuff like that. There are other initiatives (and less published like CNET download.com and linux world) but well, thats all I can virtually say about it.

About the english I guess it was my fault there. Most times I have to explain things about 2 times.

476f34778d96b95d9d79df2162b34874

[Updated on: Sun, 02 April 2006 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: u++ rules
Next Topic: upp webpage: the IDE features and tools overview (draft...)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:30:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01387 seconds