Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » options to linker (not compiler)
options to linker (not compiler) [message #15254] Fri, 11 April 2008 21:25 Go to next message
--j-- is currently offline  --j--
hi boys (and girls?).. just fiddling a little with upp2008.1beta2/mingw (separate mingw) on a xp box.. debugging (with gdb (separate gdb).. debugging worked fine and then stopped working (ignoring breakpoints and stopping at one specific place no matter what i did).. so i looked around a little and found that there were some bad experiences with gdb (and blindly follow someone who gave the advice "clean uppout and then build all" problem is that clean uppout deleted all my sources..) so i fidgeted a little with the compiler flags to see if i could help gdb a little, seems the option 0 2 is always passed to the linker (-Wl,0,2) and i can't find anywhere to put additional linker flags in the environment.. where do you do that or modify the built in ones?

thanks
j
Re: options to linker (not compiler) [message #15259 is a reply to message #15254] Sat, 12 April 2008 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Recently I had to modify manually msc builder code to be able to set linker option (increasing of stack size). I think I could add linker option field to theide. Maybe this week.
Re: options to linker (not compiler) [message #15260 is a reply to message #15254] Sat, 12 April 2008 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
--j-- wrote on Fri, 11 April 2008 15:25

hi boys (and girls?).. just fiddling a little with upp2008.1beta2/mingw (separate mingw) on a xp box.. debugging (with gdb (separate gdb).. debugging worked fine and then stopped working (ignoring breakpoints and stopping at one specific place no matter what i did).. so i looked around a little and found that there were some bad experiences with gdb (and blindly follow someone who gave the advice "clean uppout and then build all" problem is that clean uppout deleted all my sources..) so i fidgeted a little with the compiler flags to see if i could help gdb a little, seems the option 0 2 is always passed to the linker (-Wl,0,2) and i can't find anywhere to put additional linker flags in the environment.. where do you do that or modify the built in ones?

thanks
j

Project/Package organizer, right click the right pane and choose "New Link options...".

Mirek
Re: options to linker (not compiler) [message #15262 is a reply to message #15260] Sun, 13 April 2008 16:33 Go to previous message
--j-- is currently offline  --j--
thanks Smile i forgot to mention i found it.. seemed to help a little (passing -Wl,O,0)..

j
Previous Topic: U++2008.1beta2 fails to compile tests
Next Topic: {Templates}: A different Complex.upt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:35:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01242 seconds