Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Compiling browser and topic++
Compiling browser and topic++ [message #15271] Mon, 14 April 2008 17:30 Go to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
On Windows XP with MSC8 and latest Upp SVN source (213), I can compile TheIDE package ide without a problem, but I cannot compile the ide\Browser package to get topic++. I have tried many configurations of shared/static and multithreaded. I have used /NODEFAULTLIB LIBCRT.lib and /NODEFAULTLIB MSVCRT.lib and have had no success.

I am always getting unresolved external symbol errors.

Has anyone been able to compile all of the ide packages successfully with MSC8? If so, what is your configuration?

I think my main problem is that I don't have topic++ in my compiled version of the ide package. I thought that ide/Browser should be compiled along with that package, but I don't have topic++ in there.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 April 2008 17:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compiling browser and topic++ [message #15578 is a reply to message #15271] Tue, 29 April 2008 16:19 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I've tried again with MINGW and it built successfully, but again, no topic++. It compiles topic*.o files, but the linked ide.exe doesn't have topic++. Are there any other requirements for it? What am I missing?

Mirek, what is the process you use to build TheIDE package with topic++ for Windows?
Previous Topic: how to configure MSC9?
Next Topic: Uppsrc/ide/Builders/init is missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01049 seconds