Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » minor problem with cancel in install (crashing installer)
minor problem with cancel in install (crashing installer) [message #1308] Mon, 27 February 2006 10:49 Go to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Today I tried to install 602RC exe, and I forget to change path, so I hit Esc immediately after Enter several times.

Only "C:\upp" directory was created, and than the installer crashed after short while.

In the buglog file there was something about invalid source.
Re: minor problem with cancel in install (crashing installer) [message #1309 is a reply to message #1308] Mon, 27 February 2006 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Mon, 27 February 2006 04:49

Today I tried to install 602RC exe, and I forget to change path, so I hit Esc immediately after Enter several times.

Only "C:\upp" directory was created, and than the installer crashed after short while.

In the buglog file there was something about invalid source.

Thanks.

Is it worth fixing for the final release? (It would probably mean repeating RC).

I guess I will fix it for the next release...

Mirek
Re: minor problem with cancel in install (crashing installer) [message #1350 is a reply to message #1309] Tue, 28 February 2006 18:35 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 27 February 2006 12:12

Is it worth fixing for the final release? (It would probably mean repeating RC).

IMHO no (unless you have to fix something else and I would be still in doubt).

I think it will be a perfect target for the 7-zip installer upgrade, than it will make lot more sense, as the whole install procedure will need some extensive testing anyway.
Previous Topic: Quick disappearing of ide menu in 'twm'/FreeBSD [BUG]
Next Topic: Wrong action in debug mode of ide FreeBSD [BUG][FIXED?]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:47:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01111 seconds