Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Wrong action in debug mode of ide FreeBSD [BUG][FIXED?]
Wrong action in debug mode of ide FreeBSD [BUG][FIXED?] [message #1328] Mon, 27 February 2006 23:29 Go to next message
dr_jumba is currently offline  dr_jumba
Promising Member
Hi,

604b4 under FreeBSD 6.0

Trying to work in debug mode in ide. Press Debug tab in the right bottom corner with a bug icon.

Any action done in Debug tab throws me to console tab. E.g. I press Locals and get to Console, or I enter a new variable to Watches and again get to Console.

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 11:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wrong action in debug mode of ide [message #1373 is a reply to message #1328] Wed, 01 March 2006 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Win and Linux version work OK.
Will investigate the question further.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 March 2006 14:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Wrong action in debug mode of ide [message #1374 is a reply to message #1373] Wed, 01 March 2006 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
dr_jumba wrote on Wed, 01 March 2006 08:25

Win and Linux version work OK.
Will investigate the question further.
In a whole debugging works strange under FreeBSD.

I believe you. My guess is that you are the first one testing it Smile

Mirek
Re: Wrong action in debug mode of ide [message #1375 is a reply to message #1374] Wed, 01 March 2006 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
You are so quick in answers Smile
I was late deleting "In a whole debugging works strange under FreeBSD"....

The same "strange" thing I have found now on Linux.

May its because I have done wrong installation steps.
I have made a link /home/user/upp to the folder '/somewhere/upp602rc' where the upp source distribution was extracted.

The problem is that I think that ide is confused with files /home/user/upp/.../anyfile1.cpp and /somewhere/upp602rc/.../anyfile1.cpp

Re: Wrong action in debug mode of ide [message #1388 is a reply to message #1375] Wed, 01 March 2006 23:47 Go to previous message
Promising Member
I have found that if some source file is in location which contains a link, then ide considers two different files.
E.g. I have in the root folder I have /home which is a link to /usr/home.
And then in ide I may have two files /home/user/upp/examples/Button/Button.cpp and /usr/home/user/upp/examples/Button/Button.cpp
When I debug ide shows both files and debug steps works only in the file with the full path without links.

After I have put upp distro to /usr/local/share/upp everything became ok and I have not encountered a bug I have written before with clicks on Locals, Auto.

So I guess there is something wrong when we have sources in the location which contain symbolic links.

The issue with a link was tested on both Linux and FreeBSD.
Previous Topic: minor problem with cancel in install (crashing installer)
Next Topic: w98se / 602 / ntdll problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:10:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00951 seconds