Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » About U++ plugin/port of Webkit
About U++ plugin/port of Webkit [message #16522] Sun, 22 June 2008 13:01 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Since Mirek suggested a WebKit port/plugin for U++, I was considering to work on the issue. IMO, an embedded and easy to use web browser/DOM viewer interface will enhance the scope of U++ and increase the popularity of U++. I've already examined the Webkit source and docs. I got the general picture of what to do. As far as I can see, the best documentation about the subject is WebKit Objective-C Programming Guide at Apple's Web Site:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Di splayWebContent/DisplayWebContent.html

This is a comprehensive document, and probably will be my primary guideline.

But, although I've started this project personally, it is going to be public soon (after I create a barebone/scaffolding). therefore, Imho, It should be developed by a "group" or a "party" of developers (since it is going to be a huge project Shocked ) and so it should be in "traditional U++ style" and before I start any coding, I need your suggestions and advices, and possible "roadmaps". Only then I will open a Bazaar topic and a SVN.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 June 2008 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About U++ plugin/port of Webkit [message #16526 is a reply to message #16522] Sun, 22 June 2008 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Currently I`m writing site engine using U++.
I could be in help but please give more specific info about what you want. There`s a number of approaches for site creation, even under U++.
For example, in our country we have a common virtual hosting solution FreeBSD+Apache+MySQL. So I decided to make cgi under U++ to make things easier. This is one approach.
You could choose another way, which is shown in one of examples - you may use U++ webkit`s server classes and have everything working without any Apache servers. This is good solution but it requires dedicated server solution which is more expensive than virtual hosting.
Re: About U++ plugin/port of Webkit [message #16527 is a reply to message #16526] Sun, 22 June 2008 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Currently I`m writing site engine using U++.
I could be in help but please give more specific info about what you want. There`s a number of approaches for site creation, even under U++.
For example, in our country we have a common virtual hosting solution FreeBSD+Apache+MySQL. So I decided to make cgi under U++ to make things easier. This is one approach.
You could choose another way, which is shown in one of examples - you may use U++ webkit`s server classes and have everything working without any Apache servers. This is good solution but it requires dedicated server solution which is more expensive than virtual hosting.

Thank you very much. Smile

But it seems that there is a misunderstanding. I am not working on a website/server or etc; nor do I have a such intention. What I am currently working on is, a U++ port (or plugin if you prefer) of WebKit API (see: http://webkit.org/) . Namely, a wrapper-class to integrate Apple's WebKit engine (Safari's HTML/DOM engine) in any U++ GUI application (as a HTML or Web viewer) easily (Such as WxWebKit).

Regards.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 June 2008 22:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About U++ plugin/port of Webkit [message #16528 is a reply to message #16527] Mon, 23 June 2008 09:28 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks for working on that ! I always dreamt about my own browser with fast startup time.. It would be great if you could provide "UltimateBrowser" example similar to Arora form Qt.
Previous Topic: sMutexLock implementation
Next Topic: downloading file help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:12:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00864 seconds