Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to disable linking of a package?
How to disable linking of a package? [message #17280] Tue, 05 August 2008 15:33 Go to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
I have some packages containing interface classes only (no object files).
In release (Msc8 Optimal) mode, the linker fails, because it wants to link the non existing library of the package.

How can I prevent this situation?
Re: How to disable linking of a package? [message #17285 is a reply to message #17280] Tue, 05 August 2008 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
the quick hack is probably to add empty .cpp file (maybe 1 empty void foo() {} function may be needed).

the proper solution is unknown to me, and from my bad experience with U++ build system I'm afraid there's none.
Re: How to disable linking of a package? [message #17288 is a reply to message #17285] Tue, 05 August 2008 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Yes, I'm using
static void nothing(){}

in a cpp currently, but this is a workaround only.

Is there any better solution to this?

BTW, I think, the build system is not too bad. I love speed of BLITZ.
Re: How to disable linking of a package? [message #17289 is a reply to message #17280] Tue, 05 August 2008 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
speed is nice, but options... you can not disable .cpp file for example per compilation flag, you can't have two files with same name, etc...
Usually you will not hit anything of this if you don't use code from other projects, but sometimes it's easier to reuse old work of somebody else, and than I did hit some limits of U++ and had to use workarounds just like you.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2008 18:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to disable linking of a package? [message #17292 is a reply to message #17289] Tue, 05 August 2008 20:18 Go to previous message
Contributor
I don't think, it could be too hard to implement these features if you need them.
Previous Topic: U++ apps have very long startup time under Linux
Next Topic: App window does not show up when run in Run_options/Console
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:59:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01158 seconds